Keurig can stick it where the sun don't shine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pulled it out of your panty? Those jus be some big drawers there buddy. :cool:

I love our reusable k-cups, paid for themselves the first 6-7 uses.

And SODGuns, no. An iPhone cord is not an iPhone cord. Apple has the tech to know and sometimes won't charge off the other knock off brands. And fires have been reported as well. But that hasn't stopped our family.

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if you priced the K cups prior to buying the coffeemaker? I did and decided to go buy a spare Senseo coffeemaker. Still have it and am paying less than half the cost of those K cups. (of course in my case, I'm retired and on limited income)

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I wonder if you priced the K cups prior to buying the coffeemaker? I did and decided to go buy a spare Senseo coffeemaker. Still have it and am paying less than half the cost of those K cups. (of course in my case, I'm retired and on limited income)

No, I didn't price them because I figured I would keep using my refillable K-cup. I had no intention of buying their commercial cups.

The coffee we like, Stumptown, isn't made in a K-cup.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Would you be mad if you bought a new Glock, Beretta, Sig or other handgun only to find that the magazines you already own don't work in it - fits perfect, cycles fine, releases great - but there's a sensor in the gun and prevents you from using them, and that very sensor is the ONLY reason? you now have to buy ALL NEW magazines for your new pistol. How about a sensor that prevented you from shooting any ammunition not produced by the gun manufacturer? Now you're stuck buying a $65 box of 25 substandard rounds for you new pistol - would that be okay or would you be a little ticked off.

If you bought a handgun that is chambered in 45ACP, you'd expect to be able to run the 45ACP you already own in it right - in fact if you got it home and discovered you couldn't run your 10,000 rounds of Winchester white box you've hoarded through it, you'd probably be taking the gun back.

Same thing here. This is a coffee maker. it should make ANYONE'S coffee. Just like every other coffee maker on the market. This is not expecting too much or expecting something totally new.

Look at it like this: Grandma margaret bought a keurig a number of years ago and just loves it. She subscribes to the Keurig K-Cup service and has literally hundreds of K-cups in her pantry waiting to make that perfect cup of coffee she loves so much. For Christmas, her loving children buy her a new Keurig 2.0. It's shiny, new, has a neat touchscreen etc. Even the K-Cups appear to be the same. Same shape, same size, same everything! - well, almost. All is well until Grandma plops in her favorite Green Mountain decaff, or Starbucks dark roast she had stored in the pantry for such a special occasion. So, she pops the K-cup in, closes the door, the machine perforates the top and bottom with it's needles then "OOPS! This K-cup isn't designed for the Keurig 2.0. Please use only Keurig genuine K-Cups in this machine!" error

But wait, this IS a genuine Keurig K-Cup. Just like the hundreds of others she has in her pantry! Poor Grandma is now stuck with hundreds of K-cups that don't fit her new machine, even though they are perfectly fine. So, the new Keurig goes back in the box - maybe even back to the store.

Would I be mad and start a thread telling Glock to "stick it where the sun don't shine" if the new Gen 5 Glock only used Gen 5 Glock Mags and advertised it as such?

No.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Would I be mad and start a thread telling Glock to "stick it where the sun don't shine" if the new Gen 5 Glock only used Gen 5 Glock Mags and advertised it as such?

No.

What if they didn't advertise it as such? What if there was no way to tell by looking at the box.

what if the Gen 5 would ONLY take ammo produced by Glock and that ammo was sub par?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kind of like my Hamilton Beach coffee maker. It goes both ways, pot o'coffee or single cup. Has the reusable filter or drop in any style cup.

We've got a Cuisinart that has both a 12-cup carafe and a side with a separate reservoir for just hot water for the wife's tea. We've got family members with the Keurig coffee makers and I hate the Keurigs. None of them can brew enough to fill my coffee travel mug. With the Cuisinart, I can brew just enough for the travel mug or enough for a few cups at the RV.

Latest posts

Top Bottom