Kimber Solo...I think I'm done

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penman53

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
SIG P239, SIG P225, I don't care for their "micro-guns", this also includes all other manufacture. You can only go so small before you have dimisioning returns to the gun and to the shooter. If I feel the need to carry a small gun, I grab one of my S&W J-frames along with two speedloaders and a speed strip. At least J-frames work.

i agree

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own one and have shot about 500 rounds out of it with Federal and Hornady ammo without a malfunction. If I remember correctly Kimber, and a few other companies say to shoot at least 200 rounds out of it to break it in.

I own several Kimbers, when I get a new one, I always read the pamphlet that comes with the pistol, break it down and clean and oil it using Ballistol, then shoot at least 200 rounds through it, repeat the cleaning and oiling process, before I use it as a carry weapon. I may just be lucky and have not had one with a problem, but I have never had a problem with a Kimber.

I sell Sigs, Colts, Kimbers and several other brands. I was once a person who would only carry a Colt, but now I would rather carry a Kimber. I have not shot a Les Baer, or Wilson, and would like to try those, because I hear they are some of the best.

In my shop, I have found that the 1911's that cost more, do not sell as fast as the less expensive ones, so I may never carry the Les Baer and Wilsons. The 1911's that sell the fastest are the low cost Armscor USA Rock Island Armory, then Springfield Armory.

Latest posts

Top Bottom