Last Time You Fired A Shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Hangfire inspired me to delve into rifle caliber handguns, and I put this one together with a 16.5” TC 308 Custom Shop barrel I’ve had for years. I paid a premium on eBay for the Pachmayr pistol grip, but I really like it and am glad I did. It’s “scoped” with a Docter Optic red dot, and at 50 yards (the furthest I’ve shot), it’s a tack driver but does buck and snort with my handloads. The barrel is .86 diameter, and being 16.5”long, a person had better eat their wheaties if they intend to shoot without a rest.😳
View attachment 433880

My Unlimited silhouette handgun was FL .308. If you shot factory ammo or full bore handloads, it certainly made you take notice! Consequently, I mostly shot cast bullet loads. Besides, I couldn't afford to shoot them high dollar jacketed bullets as many rounds as we shot!

OkieBoogaloo

The Trees are Whisperin
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
oohh... thats... thats a good question. I think i last went to the range during the core of the pandemic. It has been a couple of years now for sure. Part of my 2024 resolutions is to fix that.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago, I found a used Encore Match Grade Machine 22lr pistol barrel with a rimfire conversion for a frame included at a really fair price, and it finally got here today.
I put a Doctor Optic red dot on it, and this thing is a tack driver with CCI Stingers. :thumb:
IMG_0400.jpeg

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago, I found a used Encore Match Grade Machine 22lr pistol barrel with a rimfire conversion for a frame included at a really fair price, and it finally got here today.
I put a Doctor Optic red dot on it, and this thing is a tack driver with CCI Stingers. :thumb:
View attachment 450153
Nice score !

I've been looking for a new or used TC factory 15" .22 LR Encore barrel for my frame for a long time and can't find one.....if you stumble across one give me a shout if you don't want it for yourself.

The blue TC barrel is a number *1781 and the stainless is a number *1786.....I assume my frame will fire .22 LR ??

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 450153
You all make me sick!!! With roaring green-eyed envy!!! :)

I keep thinking I should sell a couple things I don't need as much as I thought I did a few years ago, but the money would just vanish into the grocery budget or something. Doubt I could even afford a Wrangler...

Or ammo for what's left.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice score !

I've been looking for a new or used TC factory 15" .22 LR Encore barrel for my frame for a long time and can't find one.....if you stumble across one give me a shout if you don't want it for yourself.

The blue TC barrel is a number *1781 and the stainless is a number *1786.....I assume my frame will fire .22 LR ??
I figured you’d like it. I’ll be on the lookout. :thumb:

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually got to take out some vintage Marlin .22 levers and get groups on paper for all of them. I cheated though. I have end-stage glaucoma and had to leave BPCR competition behind four years ago. I cheated by enlisting a good friend who used to be the best shooter I knew. Been four years since he shot. He’s 81 now but still the one I trust most. I touched off some but left the groups to him. Good day with a good friend!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom