Last Time You Fired A Shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As long as crossbows count, then it would be today. I spent a little time dialing in my scope on my crossbow in preparation for next weekend. I'd normally be going with my compound bow, but after having shoulder surgery this past summer I'm not quite able to draw back with it yet. As it is, cocking the crossbow about 20 times today was a bit much for my shoulder.
I recently upgraded to a crank cocking device. It would definitely help with your shoulder issue.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As long as crossbows count, then it would be today. I spent a little time dialing in my scope on my crossbow in preparation for next weekend. I'd normally be going with my compound bow, but after having shoulder surgery this past summer I'm not quite able to draw back with it yet. As it is, cocking the crossbow about 20 times today was a bit much for my shoulder.
I recently upgraded to a crank cocking device. It would definitely help with your shoulder issue.
I've seen bows with those and that would definitely be nice, but as I have never even shot at an animal with this crossbow, I can't get myself to replace it just yet. 😆 😆

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I think the last 4 times I’ve shot it’s been BP. Here’s @OKBPS checking zero on his flintlock. That thing is a tack driver! Oops, that’s his Hawken. Should have gotten a pic with the FL.
017369DF-B792-4943-8DA7-6DCF6BC97F25.jpeg

OKBPS

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the last 4 times I’ve shot it’s been BP. Here’s @OKBPS checking zero on his flintlock. That thing is a tack driver! Oops, that’s his Hawken. Should have gotten a pic with the FL.
View attachment 422384
Both guns are patched round ball only. My hammer gun in this pic is a 50 cal. The rear sight has a screw adjustment for elevation only. It has always been a good shooter and I have taken several deer with it. My flintlock is .45cal. and has steel open non adjustable sights. These targets are my flintlock. Single bullseye is 25 yds and the 5 bullseye is at 50 yds. In the 5 bullseye I shot the center bullseye and @dlbleak shot the top left. He made a nice shot for never shooting my gun. l I hadn't shot it in over 15 years and for some reason the sights are getting harder to see. I am sure it was the lighting and had nothing to do with old eyes. I think my Flintlock is ready for dear season and this year will be the first time I will attempt to take a deer with it.

@dlbleak was a little surprised at the trigger pull.

20231021_155126.jpg
20231021_165233.jpg

Last edited:

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today, moved the optic from a low to high mount and put a magnifier behind it, on my AKV. Top target is beginning zero at 25 yards, started a lot off to high and left. I gradually got it moved to center and then fired off the rest of the mag. Bottom target is one 35 round mag to make sure I could repeat it.

PXL_20231104_154636314.jpg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@Hangfire inspired me to delve into rifle caliber handguns, and I put this one together with a 16.5” TC 308 Custom Shop barrel I’ve had for years. I paid a premium on eBay for the Pachmayr pistol grip, but I really like it and am glad I did. It’s “scoped” with a Docter Optic red dot, and at 50 yards (the furthest I’ve shot), it’s a tack driver but does buck and snort with my handloads. The barrel is .86 diameter, and being 16.5”long, a person had better eat their wheaties if they intend to shoot without a rest.😳
IMG_0266.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom