Last Time You Fired A Shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This time of year the vast majority of my shooting is with a crossbow or muzzleloader in preparation for hunting. I bought another crossbow to hunt with here in Texas, and it’s been getting shot every day. After my new moon hunt up there this weekend, I’m going to be concentrating on the muzzleloader again.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got out with my daughter this weekend. She decided she wanted to shot something "more" than the 22s.

She was hitting 6" steel at 50yds and 8" at 75yds. Not bad for her first time behind an AR with iron sights.

Screenshot_20231014_164933_Messages.jpg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put 10 rounds downrange with Hangfire’s Encore 6.5x55 pistol, and it wasn’t near as bad on recoil as I thought it would be. I‘m now ready to find a pig to test it on.

In preparation for muzzleloader season in a couple weeks, I tweaked the new to me TC Omega, and though the trigger could be a little lighter, the gun is super accurate and may become my favorite muzzleloader. I’m using 65 grains (by weight) of BH209, a .458 Hornady SST blem bullet, a Harvestor orange crush rib sabot, and a CCI 250 primer to ignite.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As long as crossbows count, then it would be today. I spent a little time dialing in my scope on my crossbow in preparation for next weekend. I'd normally be going with my compound bow, but after having shoulder surgery this past summer I'm not quite able to draw back with it yet. As it is, cocking the crossbow about 20 times today was a bit much for my shoulder.

Latest posts

Top Bottom