Mystery charges

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morganjokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spent the night in Canadian County jail about 9 years ago and dont remember the charge or the disposition. So I pay the OSBI the $15 to get my RAP sheet and it's not mentioned on there. Next I go to the Canadian County court clerk and she has no record of it either. Come on, really I was arrested and spent the night in jail and no one has a record of it?

Next I go to the Sherrif's office and they say they do have a record of them holding me for Union City but don't have anything at all about the charge because it was a municipal thing. Lastly I called Union City, they are only required to keep records for 5 years so they have absolutly no record of it either.

Awesome.

I know not putting it down is an absolute denial but putting down an approximate date and what I think the charge might have been?

That's what I am going to do it just seems a little weird to me.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it doesn't show anywhere then why bother mentioning it? I wouldn't.

Why? Because he knows something happened but he's not sure of the details. If OSBI manages to find the details and he didn't put it down, he could get denied. If he puts it down and nothing turns up, there is no cause for denial.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
don't omit anything ... put down everything you know
and how you cannot find anything, but know it happened.
state it's not for a lack of trying that you don't know

highly doubt osbi will hold against you not remembering all the details from an event that happened 9 years ago

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me when going through my CLEET application.

I had a misdemeanor in 1985 in Harrah.

State, county and city had no record of it.

To be safe, I asked for a "Letter of No Record" from the court clerk. I listed the offense on the application and supplied the letter. No problems at all.

Don't lie on the apps. Tell the truth. If something unknown does come up, they'll know you're honest about it. Otherwise, it could make things worse.

Jerryinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be rude at all, but how do you forget about an arrest charge? On any account, Bierhunter has it nailed. I'll wager it will go through without a problem.

Good luck.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spent the night in Canadian County jail about 9 years ago and dont remember the charge or the disposition. So I pay the OSBI the $15 to get my RAP sheet and it's not mentioned on there. Next I go to the Canadian County court clerk and she has no record of it either. Come on, really I was arrested and spent the night in jail and no one has a record of it?

Come on, really you were arrested and spent the night in jail and you don't remember why?

Latest posts

Top Bottom