Need a good mechanic in the OKC/Moore/Norman area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are several issues. There's an exhaust leak, my buddy told me it is from a broken bolt in the head that is near the strut tower, so it will be a pain to fix. There's also a coolant leak, which my buddy told me would require a new radiator. There is also something else wrong but i can't put my finger on it. The car sort of 'cuts out' at random times while driving. I have had family members say they thought it was a transmission, but i feel like it is either a fuel problem (filter maybe) or a firing problem (spark plug)? The check engine light never comes on. Oh and there is also a transimission leak from the transmission pan. :)

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can go years without fixing an exhaust manifold leak, so long as you aren't getting gassed out in the passenger compartment.

The random shutting down is consistent with an ignition coil problem. Especially knowing what I know about the 4.0L V6. If the tranny leak is from the pan, that's a cheap fix. The coolant leak will have to be fixed, but you have to pinpoint exactly where it is leaking from. You need to wash thoroughly under the hood, then pressurize the FULL cooling system (with no air trapped inside) with one of these:

images.carparts.com_design_assets_classroom_images_pressuretester.jpg

Then you will find exactly where it's leaking. Replace whatever is leaking. Radiators are very easy to replace in a 2007 Explorer. Aftermarket radiators are good to go.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keith Hiltebran 405-245-1506

Can't think of the name of his shop but he's a great guy who does great work and best prices around. I actually called him a little while ago to get a price on lifting my 03 Avalanche. I wouldn't let anyone else work on my vehicles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom