New bow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hey guys I have been shooting a Bear Advantage for the last 5 years.I am going to get me a new bow this year thinking about getting the Mathews Creed XS.But open to suggestions so please give me some opinions and reviews. Also I would like to buy my bow from a place they know bows like how to set one up,tune it,ect....Being able to shoot the bows they have for sale would be a plus.Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Recurve or compound?
Price range?

For what it's worth, I took my bow to Oklahoma Archery in OKC/Moore and they helped me select appropriate arrows free of charge. We literally went outside and tried several different ones and evaluated them, it took 30 minutes (i was being difficult). This was stunning because I did not buy my bow there, and there were 3 people inside waiting.

Edit
I just saw that your from weatherford, so OKC is probably out of the question.
Good Luck

Last edited:

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to be getting a new one as well in the next year or two. Everyone tells me Matthews but I really like Bowtech. It's rediculous how expensive they are now days. Guess i'm just stingy!

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot hoyt, bowtech/diamond, elite, parker and pse while I was shopping for mine. Ended up settling on the PSE Drive LT. At $500, I personally felt it outperformed the others bone stock and was most comfortable to me. It really comes down to how each bow feels to you. The elites, some higher pse's and some hoyt's had extremely aggressive CAMs, lending to what felt like a jerky draw. The Drive LT had a smoother draw and solid back wall.

I bought mine from Triple C Archery in Slaughterville and was very happy with them and the time they took with me. Never had any experience with archery shops outside of the Central OK area.

oufan24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a new one last year. Narrowed it down to the Hoyt Spyder and the Mathews Creed. After shooting both, I went with the Creed. Bought it at Oklahoma Archery. I really like it.

b.allen

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did just the opposite oufan24. Went to Oklahoma archery last year and shot the creed and the spyder 30. I went with the Hoyt. Couldn't be happier.

coorsman_ok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm leaving Matthews after shooting them for over 15 years. I shot an Elite several months ago and haven't shot a quieter or smoother shooting bow in my life. Just gotta get someone to buy my switchback xt before I can make the switch. If someone carries Elite near you go shoot one and see for yourself

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Mathews ZXT last year and love it. Shot most everything else out there but kept coming back the Mathews. High on my list were the Mission Blaze and surprisingly the Hoyt Charger. I have heard many people prefer the ZXT vs the Creed XS for a smoother draw cycle. Mission is owned by Mathews and has been putting out some really good stuff for a lower price. My daughter is shooting a Mission Craze...at lower poundage, Its an uber adjustable bow. So far it has been really good.

Any proshop worth anything will let you shoot before you buy. The Mathews website says Tin Star Shooting Range is a dealer in Weatherford. H and H in the city also carries Mathews along with Hoyt and Bowtec and has an indoor range. Oklahoma Archery is a few miles East of H and H and really knows their stuff.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Drive to Lawton if you want a Mathews. I have always shot Mathews. The bows just work for me. I love them. The guys at Archers Corner will treat you right. I recommend them high. You will also not bear their prices. Period.

I shoot the creed now. I like it. I liked my Z7 as well though. I would personally test drive several bows. Find the one that fits you best then buy it. Who cares what brand it is. Anymore, all the higher end bows are good, it's just a matter of finding what fits you and your preference. I will always be a solo/single cam guy. That's my preference though.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm leaving Matthews after shooting them for over 15 years. I shot an Elite several months ago and haven't shot a quieter or smoother shooting bow in my life. Just gotta get someone to buy my switchback xt before I can make the switch. If someone carries Elite near you go shoot one and see for yourself

I was thinking about buying your Switchback XT, but you just talked me out of it.......... :lookaroun ...... just kidding of course!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom