Nitto Terra Grappler tires......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gearys 5600

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They look good, but they don't wear good at all. They fill up with mud or snow and turn into slicks. I have had several sets of BFG's and have zero complaints...I also really like the Toyo M/T's I have on my f-250.

The Nitto grapplers I had on my lifted F-250 did not make it to 30k miles before they were bald. They were also on a 8500 lb diesel truck. They may last longer on a lighter gas truck ??

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Run them on my f250 and excursion, both in excess of 8100lbs and has been the only tire that we can get over 40,000 miles on. Discovered these from a friend who ran BFG A/T's for along time and couldn't get over 25,000. We've been happy with them. The Toyo A/T's are almost identical to the Nitto's by the way.

Dr. Barry Greyson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had the Terra-Grapplers before and got 55,000-60,000miles. Traction in mud is not good, everything else was okay . They were not loud at highway speeds. Then I went to Nitto's highway tire ,the Dura-grapplers, which don't look aggressive or cool, but I got 110,000 miles out of that set . I just replaced them with a new set of the Duras.They are E load rated and the ride is a bit stiff, but that doesn't bother me. They do everything well except for mud due to the standard tire groove configuration instead of the aggressive blocks, but with 4wdrive it handles the mud okay if it isn't deep "stuff." They are very quiet on the highway. My tires are "wide" so I have to watch excessive speed and hydroplaning in heavy rain...just common sense .
Barry

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will second the Toyo's, they are great. Looked at the Nittos but went Toyo because I prefered the sidewall profile. I switched to them from BFGs and was happy. But dont expect 65,000 miles out of these, expect closer to 45,000.

gearys 5600

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Run them on my f250 and excursion, both in excess of 8100lbs and has been the only tire that we can get over 40,000 miles on. Discovered these from a friend who ran BFG A/T's for along time and couldn't get over 25,000. We've been happy with them. The Toyo A/T's are almost identical to the Nitto's by the way.

25k on a set of BFG A/T's ?? That is the lowest miles I have ever heard of on a set of those... I put over 60k on a set on my old 01 F-250 4-door diesel truck.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
25k on a set of BFG A/T's ?? That is the lowest miles I have ever heard of on a set of those... I put over 60k on a set on my old 01 F-250 4-door diesel truck.

Same here, I thought people were generally always happy with the BFG A/T's. He had them on a 2009 3/4 dodge CC flatbed. He thought maybe the first set was a fluke, so he tried another and the same result. They wore really strange and uneven and became incredibly loud.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Toyo M/T's or trail grapplers like I brought up should not be compared to the terra grappler. Don't listen to the comments about these tires. These will not work for you with your driving style.

Latest posts

Top Bottom