Nitto Terra Grappler tires......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLlama

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From my limited experience they are low performing, over priced tires. I ran them for 35,000 miles and they were pretty much junk. Although a less agressive looking design, i am in love with the Michelin LTX A/T2. I currently have 55k on the set im running now. They are warrantied through 60 but i feel they will go a GOOD 5-10 k past that. Quiet on the highway and perform very well in whatever oklahoma can throw at you. A little pricey but well worth checking out IMO.

http://www.michelinman.com/tire-selector/category/suv-crossover/ltx-a-t2/tire-details

OKCIS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just went from Mud Grapplers which were absolutely horrible for daily driving it felt like you were in a cessna they were so loud. Now im running trail grapplers and they are awesome. Bro-in-law runs terra grapplers and after riding in my truck hes switching to the trails next tire change.
If you keep them balanced and rotated properly they will last quite a long time. Dont rotate them properly and they will go to crap in 15K miles

XPerties

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
295/70/17 been on my truck for the last 50k miles and still have plenty of teeth on them. Love them and will never buy from another manf.

Proper nitrogen psi or if you can't find that then proper air along with continues rotation will make any tire last.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just put a set of good year silent armor at on my truck. So far I love them. Found some mud and they did just fine in them. I don't go off road a whole lot so they work for what I need. They are really quiet on the highway. There not too beefy to make it look over kill either. Here's a few crappy cell pics.

Attachments

• image-2238137731.jpg
    image-2238137731.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 84
  • image-2188461529.jpg
    image-2188461529.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 84

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They look good, but they don't wear good at all. They fill up with mud or snow and turn into slicks. I have had several sets of BFG's and have zero complaints...

What he said.

I ran BFG AT's until this current set and went with terra grapplers... Going back to BFG AT's when these are done. They aren't as good in the mud, on wet streets, dry streets.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the Terra Grapplers on my 2001 silverado. Like said they give up some in the wet traction area, but over all are a decent tire. I have a set on order that should be here today for my 2010 Sierra that currently has the Faulken Mountain series tires on it. The Faulken are refusing to balance out, something I never had an issue with on the prev Nittos I had. I wanted to try the Toyo but forgot to ask about them, part of my deal is I was a semi decent/aggressive looking tire. I cant stand a passenger tire look on a 4x4 truck.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had narrowed down to the same two options the OP is looking into. After reading countless reviews I kept hearing treadlife issues on the Nittos. Granted treadlife is different considering on your driving style as well as keeping up with rotations and balancing.

I ended up going with BFG as I had over 50k on a set that was on my old Jeep. I have right at 25k on my tires now and they are wearing perfectly even and balance out every time. If I had to choose to day I wouldn't hesitate to go back with BFG All Terrain tires.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same here, I thought people were generally always happy with the BFG A/T's. He had them on a 2009 3/4 dodge CC flatbed. He thought maybe the first set was a fluke, so he tried another and the same result. They wore really strange and uneven and became incredibly loud.

Sounds more like a vehicle issue than a tire issue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom