OHP shooting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I see in the comments in several places where it metions that the person shot was a youth pastor..........and seem to be using that to excuse any possible claims of aggression.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not really worried about, but when he quoted me and used the term "your" he was directly referring to my actions. Also, when he said my actions were stupid and they had to rescue my ass, he was inherently stating my ass was stupid. I take a lot of pride in being a smartass.

Funny--I see him talking about a hypothetical person, not a specific person, and he doesn't even call that hypothetical person stupid, he calls that person's actions stupid, so I'm not sure why you're still going on about this.

And, yeah, if a "hypothetical person" has driven into water, that "hypothetical person" has done something stupid, and if a "hypothetical person" has done something so stupid that said "hypothetical person" needs rescuing, it's fair to call that "hypothetical person" a moron.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do they have a duty to act, or not?

Gunnies are fond of pointing out that police do not have a "duty to protect," and have lots of court decisions to back us up. Even SCOTUS agreed on that count. So are we only using that when it's to our benefit?

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cannot imagine any scenario that would require an officer to shoot someone he was sent to assist in getting out of flood water.

That said, I cannot imagine any scenario where someone an officer showed up to assist would attack that same officer.

Not enough info out yet for me to pass judgment on this one but something tells me that there is a REAL interesting story behind all of this.
I lived on the edge of Hectorville for years. That place runs on crank, Busch Light, and distrust. It's like a few square miles of Little Dixie dropped on the Tulsa county border.

Nothing would surprise me there.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...the more I think I just don't like people at all ... any people ...

Man I heard that! That Waggoner Ranch for sale down in Texas is sounding better and better, it would be heaven on earth. Over 800 square miles with only the hired cow hands to deal with? Yea, I could do that. Hell I'd never have to leave! Just have them pick up my groceries and ammo while they are in town. :thumb:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do they have a duty to act, or not?

Gunnies are fond of pointing out that police do not have a "duty to protect," and have lots of court decisions to back us up. Even SCOTUS agreed on that count. So are we only using that when it's to our benefit?

"Of course" ... that's only slightly tongue-in-cheek ... :)

I lived on the edge of Hectorville for years. That place runs on crank, Busch Light, and distrust. It's like a few square miles of Little Dixie dropped on the Tulsa county border.

Nothing would surprise me there.

But but but, he was a preacher ... I didn't catch the demomination but his widow was on Channel 5 last night. I gotta tell you, if something really untoward happens to Scott at the hands of some JBT I don't think my first thought is gonna be to give tv interviews. I'm not a crybaby but I can't even imagine being able to look someone in the eye and not fall apart, especially less than 24 hours after the event. There are so many things about this deal that just aren't right.

All that said, I still can't figure anyway for them to have gotten from "hey we got a call you guys were having some trouble" to a dead preacher and a flooded out truck ...

Man I heard that! That Waggoner Ranch for sale down in Texas is sounding better and better, it would be heaven on earth. Over 800 square miles with only the hired cow hands to deal with? Yea, I could do that. Hell I'd never have to leave! Just have them pick up my groceries and ammo while they are in town. :thumb:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No kidding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom