quick point of order...courtesy on the road

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Those "studs" driving a pickup with those falsie testicles hanging down from the rear bumper need to remove them. I'll guarantee that someone, somewhere, is either a much bigger guy or driving a much bigger truck than you are. Get some real confidence instead of trying to impress the rest of us.

I always thought the trailer hitch testicles was a gay thing??!?

Either way, very dumb/low-class.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I H.A.T.E. speedmatchers. They'll go 55.01mph by the guy going 55mph in the right lane, then (5 miles later) they get over, and promptly match speed with me. @#%^@#$%~!!!!! That and people who take entrance ramps at 35, and try to merge at that speed. Oh, and the people who think that you have to slow to 35 BEFORE you take the exit! Gah!!!

I would say that in all my miles on the road, I've seen more than a few truckers who are bad/arrogant whatever, but far more incompetent car drivers.

I can't stand the attitude that some people have of "I'm going the speed limit, if you're going faster: suck it, I'm not moving over." Yes, that person may be speeding, but since when does one wrong justify you being a douche?

And yes, I don't care how fast I'm going, if I'm not passing, I'm not in the left lane.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There aren't many things that I feel like we should adopt from Europe. But anyone that has driven in Germany knows that is is a driver's paradise. People just don't screw around over there. I'm sure it has something to do with both the expense and difficulty of obtaining a license.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know I'm old and I stay out of the way, right or center lane, but what happened to speed limits? Were they repealed?

Nope. But I don't drive a pace car and if I'm not in a patrol car, it's not my job to slow them down or stop them. Doing so increases the danger more than just moving out of the way and letting them go find a cop with a ticket to write. If they're driving VERY dangerously, I'll call *55 or the officer's line in-county and vector a unit in while trailing them discreetly.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday I was driving north on i 35 to go home. I'm in the right lane, doing 70 mph and a trucker pulls up on the left. I keep my speed at 70 mph. He stays with me, doesn't slow down, or speed up. Then all of a sudden he slams on his brakes and I mean so hard I looked up to see what he saw that I didn't. Then jumps behind me while I'm (constantly mind you) going 70 mph the whole time, then he falls behind me. I couldn't help but get the feeling he was pissed because I DIDN'T speed up or slow down. If he wanted to get over, all he had to do was turn on his signal and I would have gotten outta the way.

blckthree

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of things annoy me about drivers around here. Those planted in the left lane are annoying. I spend a lot of time in the left lane, usually waiting on someone in front of me so I can continue moving along. BUT, one thing that will slow me down quicker than anything else is someone coming up behind me flashing their brights because they think they are special and in a hurry. I will instantly start pacing the guy beside me until they figure a way around or quit with the flashing of the brights!

If someone is flashing lights behind me they better be blue and red lights!

Mike :)

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NikatKimber said:
I H.A.T.E. speedmatchers. They'll go 55.01mph by the guy going 55mph in the right lane, then (5 miles later) they get over, and promptly match speed with me. @#%^@#$%~!!!!! That and people who take entrance ramps at 35, and try to merge at that speed. Oh, and the people who think that you have to slow to 35 BEFORE you take the exit! Gah!!!

NO kidding: What is it with Okies and getting on the freeway. 9 out of 10 slow down to merge. Argghhgghg! it's called merge for a reason. You match your speed with the speed of the traffic already on the freeway - simple concept; not rocket science.

And for GAWD's sake don't stop on the entrance ramp! Those jokers need to be hung up by their private parts and beaten with a stick until they get it.

But that ain't ever gonna happen so you just gotta drive like you've got a bullseye on your hood and tailgate and everyone out there is out to hit you. Only way yur gonna survive on today's roads.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NO kidding: What is it with Okies and getting on the freeway. 9 out of 10 slow down to merge. Argghhgghg! it's called merge for a reason. You match your speed with the speed of the traffic already on the freeway - simple concept; not rocket science.

And for GAWD's sake don't stop on the entrance ramp! Those jokers need to be hung up by their private parts and beaten with a stick until they get it.

But that ain't ever gonna happen so you just gotta drive like you've got a bullseye on your hood and tailgate and everyone out there is out to hit you. Only way yur gonna survive on today's roads.

You would never know that the yield sign originated in Tulsa by counting people stopped on highway entrance ramps around here...

blckthree

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Then there's the idiots who decide they need to speed up and close the gap that you were going to merge into when you are getting on the highway! Plenty of room to merge, then they see you coming and accelerate..

They don't know how to get on the highway, don't know how to get off the highway and don't know how to drive while they are on the highway. Maybe they should just stay home!

Mike :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom