Rainy Day Opening Day Blues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wasnt implying you wouldn't wear orange. I'm just saying that on the public I've gun hunted on in the past I wouldnt ease through the woods still hunting during rifle season covered from head to foot in orange screaming through a megaphone. Some idiot would still shoot you. Good luck, hope you kill a giant.
Oh, I'm not getting to hunt this year. Had shoulder surgery a couple weeks ago.

I only hunt on my own land, no public land for me.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hunted my east Logan County farm this morning, woke up early, in my blind before 6:15, way to early to be there, I was jumpy today, 30 minutes before legal light.i had a giant bodied buck come in, could see his rack skylined..barely, but a big buck no doubt, then a parade of does, baby bucks and fawns till the storm hit, then it was cloud to ground lightning, huge thunder booms ...one after another, I was freaked out... Finally left and then it was a major mission just getting out to the hard road from where I was in my vehicle.... I mean a major mission, fishtails, spun to ditch.. Back to fishtails... Damn I'm getting a 4x4... Went to my other farm in west Logan county and saw nothing till 5 then a really nice heavy 8 point came in, I put the scope on him, took it off, put it back on him, took it off, 30 yards, good deer but young, he got to live another day... My brother is here now, just flew in from Florida, he's tagged up, it's all about him now... good luck everybody,

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saturday morning at Packsaddle the fog was thick and didn't lift enough till about 9:30am, didn't see anything moving so headed in around noon. Back out for the eve hunt and had a strong south wind and again nothing. We did however see tons of tracks and whatnot, just nothing moving much. My buddy did see a doe and a 6pt sat morn about a mile from where I was, they were not together and were just milling around. We went to eat and checked the weather for sunday and decided to just pack up and head back home. My buddy went to our lease near Okemah sunday eve but I haven't heard anything so I'm guessing no luck there either.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We did a full 12 hour sit yesterday. We were in the blind by 5:00am and hunkered down for the day. Saw ZERO action until the last 20 minutes of the day. We then had one forky and one half-racked forky come through and eat. They were both going at it under the feeder when it went off - didn't phase them in the least. Then, back in the trees we see a bruiser. We've got lots of pics of him at night coming through. He stayed at a good distance in the cover and worked his way to the bed down area. The two little bucks followed after him as the rain began to fall.

We're going to move locations this week as it appears we've miscalculated their traffic pattern or they've just changed it up.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Almost 5" of rain on my place. Love the rain. I gotta work and not getting to hunt anyways. Hope I can go Monday.
This ought to be great for the ducks and geese. If anybody got a place and needs a couple of extra guns, I got lots of rags and shells.

Latest posts

Top Bottom