So I got pulled over....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93 FOX

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
for no seatbelt and the cop tells me that since I have a ccw and permit that when I pull over I should have my hands out the window and tell him immediately that I have a ccw and permit. WTF?
Here is what happen, I drive by a not okc cop and waive, he pulls out behind me and turns his lights on. I pull over and roll my tinted window down and put both hands on the steering wheel. He immediately says "license and insurance please". I tell him without moving I have a ccw and permit and the location of the weapon. Then give him my permit, license and insurance verification. He comes back and says here is your warning and next time you need to put your hands out the window and tell him I have a permit and weapon before anything. Is it just me or does every cop have a different story on how to handle this???

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
no permit,but I regularly keep my 1911 between the seat and console with the magazine removed, have been pulled over with it there maybe 2 or 3 times, it is always the first thing I say to the cop when he gets to my window "I have an unloaded pistol in the vehicle" then I point to it, they ask to see it, and inspect it, and then give it back after the stop is over. the only thing they have said to me is to keep the slide locked back, so after that I have kept it that way and they gave no other suggestions. Kinda funny tho, they never ask where the magazine is...

Bruno2

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have been pulled over a few times with shotguns in the front seat and whole multitude of shooting paraphenalia. I have never had a cop ask me where the guns are or anything that seemed out of the ordinary. Most I think just dont care. The stops where they have no idea if there is a gun in the car or not are the ones they truly worry about.

Latest posts

Top Bottom