So I got pulled over....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSanDiegoKid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find it best to immediately pull over and get out, slam the door and show him that your carrying.

They ALWAYS in turn show me what they are carrying!!

KIDDING!!!! It's weird to hear so many different storys on how each different officer handles ccw stops.

93 FOX

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
80 percent of the time im wearing one. Just left the house and just had not put it on yet. I wasnt complaining about being pulled over, just the steps to take while being pulled over with a ccw.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would think sticking your hands out the window would put them on high alert because your acting very suspicious IMO. I have always been told hands on the wheel and dome light on at night for any traffic stop in general

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am reading this wrong?

§47-12-417. *Operators and front seat passengers required to wear safety belts - Exemptions - Assessment of points prohibited - Fine and court costs limited – Municipal ordinances.
A. *1. *Every operator and front seat passenger of a passenger car operated in this state shall wear a properly adjusted and fastened safety seat belt system, required to be installed in the motor vehicle when manufactured pursuant to 49 C.F.R., Section 571.208.
2. *For the purposes of this section, "passenger car" shall mean "vehicle" as defined in Section 1102 of this title. *"Passenger car" shall include the passenger compartment of pickups, vans, minivans, and sport utility vehicles. *"Passenger car" shall not include trucks, truck-tractors, recreational vehicles, motorcycles, or motorized bicycles. *"Passenger car" shall not include a vehicle used primarily for farm use which is registered and licensed pursuant to the provisions of Section 1134 of this title.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, you are. The fact you have a farm tag is not enough to prove the vehicle is used primarily for farm use. I have seen this myth being promulgated time and time again, and it simply isnt true.

If its a motor vehicle, on a public roadway, you are required to wear a seatbelt. Whether or not the vehicle is used primarily for farm use is between you and a judge.

Note, please understand that I do not necessarily agree with the seatbelt law as a whole.

Latest posts

Top Bottom