State Question 779. Penny tax for teachers raises by the numbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
first I have been a Teacher, the majority of men in my family are/were cops and the majority of the women are /were teachers. I know a little about both. and the teachers were /are off in the summer ,some get part time jobs some don't.
run duct work in an attic in august, roof a house in july, lots of jobs much harder than teaching that pay less. as long as their are teachers unions the insist on equal pay for teachers regardless performance I'll never support more taxes for education

it is easy to assess performance by if their students make the grade or not

Which schools are you referring to where teachers (i.e., current teachers) are totally off during summer?

If students make which grade?...Are you referring to standardized test grades, semester grades, or other grades? Which ever grade-based metric you propose, how do you handle the learning/performance distinction?

Again, how much do you think teachers should make? I've ran ducts and roofed houses in the summer...it paid much more, and was substantially less stressful, than teaching...running ducts and roofing is much easier than teaching.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
it is not really that easy.
first I have been a Teacher, the majority of men in my family are/were cops and the majority of the women are /were teachers. I know a little about both. and the teachers were /are off in the summer ,some get part time jobs some don't.
run duct work in an attic in august, roof a house in july, lots of jobs much harder than teaching that pay less. as long as their are teachers unions the insist on equal pay for teachers regardless performance I'll never support more taxes for education

it is easy to assess performance by if their students make the grade or not

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
now that you have figured out how to find a little evidence, prove what impact it has on the state question.

I've laid out my case and proved the question you asked of me. It's time that you make a case for the fleecing of Okie's with a 9.375-12% sales tax. GO!

JPK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And the state wants a $0.25/mo increase on all wireless devices to pay for modern 9-1-1 facilities in areas where there are not enough wireless users to pay.Wonder how much will be stolen by the lazy legislature not having the guts to their job!

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, you didn't prove anything I did not already know. I am trying to get you to solve your own problem, little steps at a time. I will not complete your assignment for you.
I've laid out my case and proved the question you asked of me. It's time that you make a case for the fleecing of Okie's with a 9.375-12% sales tax. GO!

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So...you were intentionally being deceptive about the pay per signature petition. I sure hope you aren't teaching our kids history.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which schools are you referring to where teachers (i.e., current teachers) are totally off during summer?

If students make which grade?...Are you referring to standardized test grades, semester grades, or other grades? Which ever grade-based metric you propose, how do you handle the learning/performance distinction?

Again, how much do you think teachers should make? I've ran ducts and roofed houses in the summer...it paid much more, and was substantially less stressful, than teaching...running ducts and roofing is much easier than teaching.
The minimum teacher salary in Oklahoma with zero years of experience is $31,600, HVAC apprentice is the people who run ductwork make $12-$14 an hour, show me any roofers The guys actually nailing on the shingles who make more than that .

As far as which is harder how many 50+ pounds overweight duct installers or roofers have you seen?

Btw, Stress and hard or two different things

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The minimum teacher salary in Oklahoma with zero years of experience is $31,600, HVAC apprentice is the people who run ductwork make $12-$14 an hour, show me any roofers The guys actually nailing on the shingles who make more than that .

As far as which is harder how many 50+ pounds overweight duct installers or roofers have you seen?

Btw, Stress and hard or two different things

by that logic, your doctor should be making far less than the roofer or HVAC person.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doctors go to school twice as long as teachers, they work more hours the teachers, they deal with life and death

i'm betting your pediatrist doesn't deal with life and death that often. Or rather, i should hope not.

And most teachers probably go to school longer than guys laying shingles. Also, 'hours worked' is somewhat of a misnomer. I'm guessing a roofer doesn't have to go home and grade papers or write tests.

Latest posts

Top Bottom