Tactacam question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Just found out that my sons buddy has one doing the same thing. I think I’ll find another location in that clearing and see if it keeps doing it.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree that the shadows are the culprit. Without seeing your setup I can't be sure of which you need to do. You can lower camera position some and aim it a little higher that may help. You can move to different tree. You can leave it and just aim camera a tad higher.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I’m reviving this thread. That ONE cam still takes lots of empty pics but not as many as it used to.
The other issue is on another cam. We get pics all day and night from it. But, this morning I have a spike come in. The cam takes one pic. But, he’s here for ten minutes throwing chunks of pumpkin in the air to break chunks off. He’s right under the feeder while he’s doing this.
Only got the one pic.

Toothpick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did an all day sit opening rifle and had deer in front of camera most of the day with only 6-8 pictures. Had an old Browning with SIM card only with way over 50 pictures.
Not sure what gives

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to make sure all the grass and stickups over a couple feet tall are count down. We have a couple and they will trigger on the same thing over and over as the wind moves it. Kind of annoying but they are great cameras.

Latest posts

Top Bottom