Tactacam question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Try the format and if still giving trouble. Tactacam customer service will look at it from their end.
Yeah, their customer service has been pretty good so far. They recommended changing out the SD card on this cam early in the season. It seemed to solve the issue until it want taking pics that I thought it should. I’ll format the card and see if it helps.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t just delete but format instead.
Yes, on my 2 cell tactacams I don't really look at the cards. I figure those are just for backup if the cell camera send fails and I NEED to know. My other cameras are mostly all Brownings and I've been using the same SD cards for years. Always just format after veiwing.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a question about that. When you say the works best, does that mean it won’t send pictures with a different card or just won’t put pictures “on” a different card?

On a cell camera, I don’t really care anymore whether the pictures go on the SD card, because I don’t want to take the time to go through several thousand pictures just to see if I might’ve missed one or two.
If the card is not up to “spec” it won’t allow the picture to be sent. This is what tactacam customer service told me.

My cam sent pictures for 3 years straight then someone steals my memory card out of it when it was on public land. Went to Wally World and picked up a decent sd card and it was never the same after that. Really intermittent and then just stopped all together. Tried formatting and other processes to remedy the situation. They finally narrowed it down to my memory card not being in the correct specifications. So I went back to and got the correct version and it works like it did new. Can’t say enough good things about this camera. They’re tough also. Mine is cracked and beat up from getting knocked of the tree and trampled by cows and the antenna is superglued on and still works.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have two tacticams and are currently overwriting the SD cards that were bought from Tacticam in the initial purchase based on their recommendation. Working great so far. Only issue is making sure the camera is pointed directly at the area where pics are wanted to be taken.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I’m headed up in a bit to format the cards in the cams. We have 4 and I think they are all overwriting pics.
@Coach_1 we had support tell us the same thing even though I had gone to Office Depot and bought the SD cards that had their recommended perimeters. Worked fine for months and just stopped taking pics one day. All the cams have the Tactacam branded cards in them now. Not sure how that happened unless it’s ‘planned’ to get the consumer to buy their cards.
All that said, the cams have paid for themselves in fuel costs and reduced the amount of activity on the lease.

Latest posts

Top Bottom