This could get interesting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
isnt what's included in a premium up to the insurance company?

The way insurance is regulated is a bigger problem than what the Catholic church thinks about birth control.

If insurance was sold in a "normal" market (for lack of a better term... like every thing else) wouldnt a non- Catholic employee be able to get a supplemental policy... or better yet... if insurance companies did not inflate the costs of treatment, drugs, birth control methods etc people could afford most of this stuff "out of pocket".

This whole issue is another attempt to keep you guys looking "over here" while the shafting is going on "over there"

glad to see it's working....

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whether you agree with it or not, it's a lot damn cheaper for the taxpayer to pay for everyone's birth control than for the taxpayer to pay for the welfare of the offspring of bad personal choices.

In case you've all forgotten, our state has some of the nation's worst teen pregnancy rates and unwed mother rates.

Like it or not your going to pay for one or the other.

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whether you agree with it or not, it's a lot damn cheaper for the taxpayer to pay for everyone's birth control than for the taxpayer to pay for the welfare of the offspring of bad personal choices.

In case you've all forgotten, our state has some of the nation's worst teen pregnancy rates and unwed mother rates.

I know, but we can't give up stop fighting for what we believe.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That Georgetown law student isn't a teen and she probably isn't going to be on welfare any time soon. So how does the fact that it supposedly costs her and her ilk $3000 for BC fit into this thesis? She just doesn't want pregnancy to interfere with her current lifestyle and thinks we should take care of the BC for her.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She just doesn't want pregnancy to interfere with her current lifestyle and thinks we should take care of the BC for her.

Are we even sure that she's not a lesbian? I think the ovarian cyst friend she testified about is a lesbian.

Regardless, making the debate about "LOL sluts want to be slutty and not get pregnant so they can keep being slutty LOL" is ridiculous. Keep the debate over the role of government re: insurance/healthcare, at the very least.

Last edited:

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes. The "religionist" quote. Cannot be attributed to Henry.

Aaauuugg, it appears you are correct. Here is the actual quote.

"The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence, were ... the general principles of Christianity, in which all those sects were united, and the general principles of English and American liberty, in which all those young men united, and which had united all parties in America, in majorities sufficient to assert and maintain her independence. Now I will avow, that I then believed and now believe that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God; and that those principles of liberty are as unalterable as human nature and our terrestrial, mundane system. "

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The problem isn't birth control and teen pregnancy rates. The problem is those silly child labor laws! What we need is a way to make those unwanted little bastards pay their own way! :wink2:

WFT said you can't separate a person from his faith, it is part of him. I say if he can't set his faith aside to govern without bias to those who have a different faith (or no faith), he is unfit to govern. He should remain in the church and the private sector where he belongs. There's no shame in that. There is shame in forcing your beliefs on others who do not wish it. Judge not lest ye be judged. If you judge me and my beliefs based on the standards you hold, you can damned well bet I'm going to judge you to be a bigoted, self-righteous hypocrite! Savvy? :D

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Regardless, making the debate about "LOL sluts want to be slutty and not get pregnant so they can keep being slutty LOL" is ridiculous. Keep the debate over the role of government re: insurance/healthcare, at the very least.

Making the debate? Seriously? I'm free to state any opinion I choose. If you don't agree then, oh well.

You're funny dude.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Making the debate? Seriously? I'm free to state any opinion I choose. If you don't agree then, oh well.

You're funny dude.

Dude, you said:

She just doesn't want pregnancy to interfere with her current lifestyle and thinks we should take care of the BC for her.

That's bunk. Nobody would go through that much effort to get some free birth control. Be honest about it: the chick is pushing for fundamental government/healthcare change. She's a political activist, more or less. It's one thing to disagree with the change she wants, and I've yet to chastise anyone for doing so, but to bring it down to "LOL that slut wants to fawk for free LOL hotdog down a hallway" is objectively goofy. I never challenged your "freedom" to say objectively goofy things, I just labeled them what they are. You're certainly free to say all the goofy crap you want.

I don't know why you had to go for the "freedom of opinion" stand. All I did was state my opinion, which is that your opinion is goofy crap. You should be patting me on the back as your brother in the "freedom of stating our opinions" fight, Braveheart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom