To those who are getting mature buck pics.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huntingwick

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pulled a card today and had several smaller bucks that are hard horned. I have yet to see a mature deer on camera either and normally I have 3-5 really nice deer on camera by now. I run 6 cameras and I have yet to see a shooter. It might be due to the 80 acre corn field that was planted a 1/4 mile away. But I have a 40 acre milo field on one side of the creek and a 60 acre bean field on the other side of the creek. lots of does and small bucks.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I pulled a card today and had several smaller bucks that are hard horned. I have yet to see a mature deer on camera either and normally I have 3-5 really nice deer on camera by now. I run 6 cameras and I have yet to see a shooter. It might be due to the 80 acre corn field that was planted a 1/4 mile away. But I have a 40 acre milo field on one side of the creek and a 60 acre bean field on the other side of the creek. lots of does and small bucks.

Corn should be cut pretty quick, I bet you'll see some different bucks when it's gone, unless they move over to the milo and spend day and night like they are in the corn.

huntingwick

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its pretty crazy in the last three years we have killed 4 deer over 150" and this year nothing yet. I know they will be back pretty quick. I hunt the milo and beans. The crazy thing is last year I was watching a really nice deer all of september and had him on camera everyday. He was killed the 3rd day of bowseason a mile from my place by a friend of mine.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Big ones are predictably unpredictable..............except for the big one a friend of mine shot west of Stillwater in 05' or 06' IIRC with his bow. That was a plan that all came together.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Corn should be cut pretty quick, I bet you'll see some different bucks when it's gone, unless they move over to the milo and spend day and night like they are in the corn.

there is corn in the Ponca elevator. They are just waiting for a sell order before they can let it go. A tad over $4 per bushel is what I was told.

Latest posts

Top Bottom