Tulsa - Sooner Gun Show this weekend - anyone going?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

booger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep I like to stroked out when I seen the price. I paid and walked around and was very disappointed in the quality of the show looks like wannamacher will be the only gun show I attend from here on out. i was looking for a magpul ctr milspec stock cheapest i found was 82. I mean really now when you can get it shipped to you for 56 with no tax. I will spend my money where it counts not to fatten somebodies pocket. Never again grand national

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't get it... don't these promoters have a contract with the fairgrounds ahead of time? It's not like they just showed up and all of a sudden the fairgrounds is charging them a $1 surcharge on everyone admitted with no notice. Besides that, last time I checked, $12 + $1 = $13, NOT $15.

I'm calling BS and Shenanigans both on the whole deal. This not only is a deterant to people who want to attend, but as a result it harms dealers who want a large crowd and one that's not pi$$ed off by the time they get in.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
The more I go to gun shows lately, the more I like gunbroker and auction arms. I also buy a lot from on line auction houses. The only negative is if you get something that is not as described you are out the shipping, but that's only happened a couple of times.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was $15 and the lady working the window said that the Expo Center is who added the "surcharge" and didn't tell them until this morning (which is crap because Expo's website still said $12). Regardless, I'll never go to another Sooner (Grand American Arms) Gun Show.

If you're a vet (or I assume military), you get in for $7.50 (and your $1 coupon is still good), so I got in for $6.50. I don't know that it was worth $6.50 to be honest.

Very scraggly show - maybe half of the upper level if that (lot of empty tables . There were a few deals to be had, but most of the places that had good deals had already been picked over.

I did pick up a Sig 1911-22 from Action Firearms (great guys by the way). I was looking for a GSG, but was pretty happy to find the Sig for less than I'd seen several GSGs there (since the Sig is just a fancied up version of the GSG - made by the same company from everything I've read).

Decent amount of knife vendors for such a small show, but I didn't exactly have a pleasant experience with Sooner State Knives (and they were the main reason I was there).

Ammo prices were about what you can find at Wal-Mart. I spent a lot of time standing around tables with the owners/workers either on their cell phones or talking to each other without paying the customers much attention.

All in all, if I had paid full-price, I would have been pretty upset.

me neither! it was some guy there who was kinda rude. i asked him if he ever heard of OSA or okshooters but he said no. My friend said he picked up a knife from the table to look at it and the guy got really mad and told him to drop it. He then spent about a minute placing the knife as evenly spaced from the next one as he could.

i liked the show though. Not worth $15 but there were a descent amount of milsurps there to interest me. I also got a shirt with an AK47 on it! cant wait to wear it to school!

Latest posts

Top Bottom