Tulsa to make history today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder how loud we would cry fowl if our rights to bear arms were on the losing side of a popular vote.

Governor Mary Fallin said:
The people of Oklahoma have the right to determine how marriage is defined. In 2004, Oklahomans exercised that right, voting by a margin of 3-1 to define marriage as the union of one man and one woman.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's pretty simple. The natural and normal state is the union of a male and female. Otherwise, the human race would have ended long ago. Any other sexual relationship is not normal.

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agree.

Marriage = Adam and Eve
Civil Union = Adam and Steve

Eh. I slightly disagree.

Civil Union = any two persons that want to be legally joined. Adam and Eve or Adam and Steve.

Marriage = any two persons that want to be religiously joined. Most likely only Adam an eve unless the church wants to marry Adam and Steve.

You could be married buy it wouldn't be a legal civil union. If you want to marry fine but it doesn't give you legal junction.

Slight difference. It's a semantics game. The term "marriage" should not refer to legal junctions of two people.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Eh. I slightly disagree.

Civil Union = any two persons that want to be legally joined. Adam and Eve or Adam and Steve.

Marriage = any two persons that want to be religiously joined. Most likely only Adam an eve unless the church wants to marry Adam and Steve.

You could be married buy it wouldn't be a legal civil union. If you want to marry fine but it doesn't give you legal junction.

Slight difference. It's a semantics game. The term "marriage" should not refer to legal junctions of two people.

Okay. I can agree with your definitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom