What did you do at college?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What did you do in college? Homework or partying?

• I was boring, I studied 100% of the time

Votes: 16 13.6%
  • I did other extracurricular activites besides drinking

Votes: 26 22.0%
  • I was a jock. I mainly sweated.

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Little of both, I learned to do my homework drunk

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • What's studying? Is that a drinking game?

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • What's college?

Votes: 19 16.1%
  • I'm a Muslim, I learned how to attack the US by studying here.

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wanted to marry a certain girl so bad (who was attending another in-state school) that I studied 100% of the time and worked as a draftsman the other 100%.

I showered from time to time, ate lots of starchy junk food and diet coke, and went to work, class, and labs. A 'party' was ordering a #3 at Taco Mayo with EXTRA guacamole.

I ended up marrying the girl, graduating debt free, getting a decent job (at the time in a poor local economy), moved back to my hometown, and began in earnest the process of making redheaded babies. Bravo Zulu to me.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I completed my bachelors degree in 4 years while working 40 hours a week through the semesters and 60 hours during the summer. Working 4, 10 hour shifts Mon -Thursday nights allowed me to have weekends free. After graduation I went to work in a field not related to my education.

natgas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking back, I did a lot of things that I wouldn't even consider doing today. It was a fun time but I wasted a lot of time doing stupid things!

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It took me forever to get my BBA degree. Worked full- time most of the time also. Didn't have alot of time to party.

Agree with Natgas, me too!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in college during the Draft era of the Vietnam war. Tried my best to keep grades up, work 40hrs a week, study, and support a wife. It didn't work. You can only burn so many candles at both ends.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I refused to go even though kind folks offered to pay for most of it. I didn't want to be dependent for several more years, and I was lucky enough to have a decent job out of high school and sock away some cash, buy land, build a house and basically establish myself.

Part of me wishes I would have got it over with starting at 18.

A bigger part of me is glad I got established and became independent with the route I chose, and I think if I do decide to go back to school it will be purely to increase my happiness, not to make money or "get that paper to get that job". I also had no idea what I wanted to do at 18, so odds are I would have regretted whatever education choices I made. In fact, odds are 100% I would have regretted them. I'm I'm still young and the odds are fairly high I will go to school as an adult. I just played the hand I was dealt and I'm grateful it worked out.

Funny/sad thing is the only careers I would ever go to school for would pay less than what I make now. (Teaching would be at the top of the list). But money has never been a motivator to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom