What did you do in the reloading room today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mats

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those wrinkles show the mold is too cold. The first few pours are throwaway, just to heat the mold.

If that is the mold I think it is, it wants to run hot.

Good on you! This rabbit hole runs deep.
It is indeed the mold you gave me! And I was definitely taking my time pouring, so I didn't get it fully heated up. Yesterday was just to make sure everything worked and figure out the process. I'm planning to really get casting this weekend if the weather can stay nice!

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is indeed the mold you gave me! And I was definitely taking my time pouring, so I didn't get it fully heated up. Yesterday was just to make sure everything worked and figure out the process. I'm planning to really get casting this weekend if the weather can stay nice!
I expect to see you at the match shooting cast next week!

Or perhaps the match after that:hey3:

If you have any questions or problems, you have my number.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bobbi likes to “help” in the reloading process…:rolleyes2
IMG_0644.jpeg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rainy days I spend a lot of time in my mess of a room and clean and sort brass.
I ran 4 batches in the tumbler yesterday and 2 today.

I have a few new 9mm, 40S&W and .223 loads I want to try before loading anymore ammo.
Well I take that back I bought a mold for 9 and have not cast any with it yet.

Need to make some of those and fill with Bullseye, Red Dot and maybe 231 and see how it goes.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a deal on a MEC 600jr 410 loader at an estate sale a few years ago, because it was missing a couple parts. I’ve been on a shotgun shell reloading kick lately and finally decided to order the needed parts a couple days ago, but I got impatient this afternoon took the needed parts off my 20 ga loader. I now have the ability to load 3” 410 ammo.:thumb:
11/16 oz #8 shot, 17 grains Win 296, Win 209 primer, WAA41 wad in a Remington hull.
IMG_2522.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom