What do I do with a stray Black Lab?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
so you fed and watered somebody else's dog, and now you're trying to give it to a stranger. wow.

Didn't want it to go hungry or get hit by a car and I cannot keep it where I live. Just looking for someone to take it until it can be claimed or if it isn't claimed someone can take care of it. Sounds like you think I did a bad thing?? I did find someone to keep it overnight and they will see if it has a micro chip implanted in it tomorrow at her vet clinic. We will take it from there tomorrow.

RWS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it's a dog. i know you mean well, but i would assume since it has a collar on, and you haven't mentioned it looking unhealthy, it was just roaming a bit, and would probably have made it's own way home. the way i see it, there are three possible scenarios'
1. it has no home or is unwanted, in which case you are now responsible for it
2. it has a home, but is lost, in which case you're the big hero
3. it would have went home by itself. in which case the owner now has to take the time and trouble to go get their dog which would have came home anyway, had you not interfered.

i wouldn't do anything until there was reason to. like after it had been there awhile, and i wouldn't have fed it because you're just encouraging it not to go home then.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it's a dog. i know you mean well, but i would assume since it has a collar on, and you haven't mentioned it looking unhealthy, it was just roaming a bit, and would probably have made it's own way home. the way i see it, there are three possible scenarios'
1. it has no home or is unwanted, in which case you are now responsible for it
2. it has a home, but is lost, in which case you're the big hero
3. it would have went home by itself. in which case the owner now has to take the time and trouble to go get their dog which would have came home anyway, had you not interfered.

i wouldn't do anything until there was reason to. like after it had been there awhile, and i wouldn't have fed it because you're just encouraging it not to go home then.

There was a reason, A dang good reason. To start with the dog wandered across sheridan street during the 5:00 traffic, it was very dry and thirsty. I could go on but am gonna stop there before I start saying things I shouldn't.
I do have a heart when it comes to animals and I am not trying to be a hero.You should get ALL the details before you start posting comments.

RWS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you asked. and i based my comments from the info you provided. i'm sure you're a good guy, trying to do the right thing. you and i may disagree on what the right thing is, but so be it.

good luck with the dog.

Latest posts

Top Bottom