What is it that makes us pick and choose to believe what we're told?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The DOJ (yes THAT DOJ) announced weeks ago that there wouldn't be any Federal charges brought in the Ferguson case.
The Federal government agrees with the Grand Jury. How confusing is that?

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with two points made regarding plausibility of the stories themselves, and the level of government from which the reports come. I'd defend our country but I'd be hanged before defending a "Federal" government that's becoming more fascist every day.

It was a good question!

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since this report seems to contradict what people who were THERE said, I would tend to believe it isn't entirely truthful. Not only that is depends a great deal on what came from a man that mislead Congress for many, many months.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is a good question. I'm not calling anyone a racist, but I think a key attribute in Ferguson is the fact there are black people tearing things up and stealing.

There is scant compassion (right or wrong) for that crew, and since openly condemning them categorically feels weird, the only real outward manifestation of that sentiment is understated, somber support of the other parties involved.

This.

I also am not saying that if you think Benghazi was covered up scandal or Michael Brown's killing was justified, you're anti-black people.

But, quite a few of the people I know personally that fell into those camps quickly have shown anti-black people sentiments. Coincidence?

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Few people want to think objectively, to be skeptical. Not only with something they don't agree with but also with something that they do agree with. They just want to hear whatever fits their narrative and will run with it. It's all politics.

This, and if you are a critical thinker, examining the data available, you also have to consider the context. Context clues aren't just for tests in school...

Big_McLargehuge

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Since this report seems to contradict what people who were THERE said, I would tend to believe it isn't entirely truthful. Not only that is depends a great deal on what came from a man that mislead Congress for many, many months.

Are you referring to Ferguson or Benghazi?

Because other than the reference to Congress, it kind of applies to both.

Just sayin'.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good point.

There has always been the scum of society who would loot at any opportunity. Not ALL will loot.

We were living south of Houston in 1979 when a tropical storm flooded the area. It's in the Business Book.

Dad was living in a secluded neighborhood 6 miles from town. The entire neighborhood was evacuated under 4' of water for 5 days. We were some of the first to return. I went into several houses to open them up to dry out. We took nothing, destroyed nothing, did not so much as touch or move anything.

Those in Ferguson feel wronged? Burning and looting local businesses, yeah that will get you sympathy. BS.

Bengahzi was a goobermint cluster **** from the get go. And what does it matter now? Well, it matters to those families.
How much tax payer paid security does Hitlery have everyday?

Latest posts

Top Bottom