What would you do? Trespassers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImTheDude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honey Locust trees are common in Oklahoma. Their thorns have been used as fish nooks, needles, fish spears, and even nails. Pretty cool tree.

moundsparktreetrek.weebly.com_uploads_2_4_9_3_24936036_9061113_orig.jpg

Sorry to get off topic.
noted. I know where to find some too.

ImTheDude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why is this shouldn't I be able to put boards with nails through them on my place if I want. Its my place I should be able to with as I want. If I ask to stay off my property more then once and you don't I might need a lawyer and you will need medical help.
what in the heck is wrong with people.
This. The nails will be the least of their worries if/when we catch them. You either have balls the size of melons or are a special kind of stupid to trespass on someone's property when you've been told to stay out, especially a hunting property where you know guns will be present.

ImTheDude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Clear the brush, set up trails cams. Turn evidence over to the authorities.
"it's a civil matter, we can't get involved."

"You'll have to catch them 2-3 times and have us come out while they're there before the judge will actually do anything"

Is what I've been told when I have called the "authorities".

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Point of interest: today's Westlaw Headnote of the Day
Leaving a rake in the grass on residential property does not constitute gross negligence or the setting of a trap for an unwary guest.

Ransom v. Grubbs, 582 S.W.2d 758 (Tenn.Ct.App., 1978)

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh yeah. They will clean out your pond of the big bass you have been managing for 10 years in one weekend.

I have a lake that has no fish in it because of neighbors and the drought. It need to be restocked, and start over. It is nice that it can be done free, but the ones you get are minnows. I have called the ranger when I have caught people and signed complaints and something was done.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rural Oklahoma is full of ding dongs. I wish anyone dealing with trespassers well, heaven forbid you have water too, that draws crazy locals in like nothing else.

Amen, I have caught trespassers several times fishing at my farm that has a 4-5 acre pond, usually high school kids that I lecture and let go. On one occasion I held a very rough looking group of 7 adults (they had about 40 fish on stringers) at gunpoint while my wife called the sheriff, he came out along with the Logan County game warden, they all got tickets and lost their gear, they made all kinds of threats but haven't been back to my knowledge, that was about 10 years ago. I have found several ground blinds and tree stands out there over the years as well but never actually caught anyone trying to hunt it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom