When it rains, it pours... :/

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never had AC when a kid, even in school. We had a swamp cooler in the living room and that was it.
We are getting soft as a human race.
That being said with a big chest thump, we freaked out when ours failed a couple of years ago.

My wife and I both grew up with AC. Now we’re planning on building a house in the next few years and considering not putting AC in. But we’re scared. :cry11: You’re right. We are getting soft.

We might do some sort of simple geothermal to take the edge off. Maybe something like blowing air through a few hundred feet of drain pipe a few feet underground.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I both grew up with AC. Now we’re planning on building a house in the next few years and considering not putting AC in. But we’re scared. :cry11: You’re right. We are getting soft.

We might do some sort of simple geothermal to take the edge off. Maybe something like blowing air through a few hundred feet of drain pipe a few feet underground.
If you are building a new house just incorporate the cost of the AC with the rest of the house. It will more than pay for itself if you ever decide to sell the house. I'm looking at buying a house by the end of the year, and I won't even look at a house that doesn't already have central air.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have a brand new in the box 5000 btu LG you can have if it would be helpful.
Thanks man, I really appreciate the offer. :thumb:

But as mentioned, I have two (GE 10k BTU, brand new in the boxes) in a back room. The only kicker is that I've had them a few years (they're like the one that quit, and bought at the same time), so there's no warranty.

Hopefully they'll work ok. For years. Or maybe even decades...
:drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom