Where do you like to eat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL! these are brand new trucks without the spackling on the walls. :D

Considering the ranchers in the area, and the locals eating there, AND there being a waiting line, I'm assuming everybody was satisfied with the menu like I was.

BTW when you get there, they bring out a big platter of fresh home made potato chips with no salt, warm, and some ranch dressing as a free appetizer. They were consumed pretty quick!
Checking out, the fresh meat counter is there to tempt your pallete' along with their signature BBQ sauce, and dry rubs.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Chinese Gourmet Restaurant Mustang Ok.
Bad location Hidden by homeland.

Excellent food...Not a buffet.

Texas roadhouse slipped the last 2 times
So on the couch in the house is best most of the time.

I had pan fried wild turkey this evening..Yes i got one..WOO HOO!

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK guys and Gals. Time to take a road trip to Hominy ok.
We heard about this place by word of mouth. Their main business is processing meat. Cows, pork, or wild Game.
They recently opened a restaurant in the same location. You dine in genuine cattle hauling trucks. Of course they have insulated all outside walls, and have hides and pics of early Osage county on the walls.
The menu is very good, the prices reasonable.
1" thick bone in ribeye is $20, and its cooked over a genuine charcoal fire.
Service was excellent. Trip advisor has it rated 7 1/2 out of 8. I agree.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...views-Wild_Country_Meats-Hominy_Oklahoma.html

View attachment 33124

View attachment 33125

That place looks awesome. Will have to make the effort to get there next time I'm in Stillwater or Tulsa.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For Guatemalan / Central American, I go to cafe kacao or cafe antigua. The fan favorite at both places is the motuleno eggs. The Mayan chicken with rice at Antigua is another favorite along with the pork adobada with plantains at kacao.

There's a new Central American restaurant called La Brasa at the Kamps deli building on Classen. Awesome food. Keeping with Kamps tradition, it's a hipster hangout and indie music venue on the weekends.

I frequent Pho Lien Hoa when I need my pho fix. Golden Phoenix if I want something Asian and the food weird and questionable. Their crispy roasted pork is great. Chow's kitchen and Fung's kitchen is the best Chinese / Cantonese in Okc I've had so far. Just be sure to ask for the "Chinese" menu and not the standard menu full of the Americanized crap you find in buffets. The roasted black bean sauce with flat noodles and beef is excellent at Fung's.

Tamale grill is a little known place in the Okc underground in downtown. It's located just near the chase building in downtown and has the best carne asada tacos in town.

Kateiki ramen is a new food truck with some very legit shoyu ramen and other appetizers like Taiwanese pork burgers. There's also waffle champion if you want crazy yummy waffle sandwiches.

There's also a crap ton of various food trucks that are too many to name. From spring until fall, there's an event called H & 8th (aka hipster state fair) where about 20 or so food trucks locally and regionally come to North Hudson ave and 7th street (right outside the federal building) on the last Friday of every month.

Ludivine on Hudson ave has a menu that changes weekly if not daily and everything on their menu is sourced locally and changes based on the local produce they can get. Great cocktails, possibly the best in the city.

Ok... That's it for now. I could go on and on :)

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In regard to Wild Country Meats in Hominy, my girlfriend raved about this place so two month ago we made the trip over there. The service was good, and the sides were ok, but I was very disappointed in our steaks. We both got the ribeye, by the time we cut all the fat and gristle off, you had about half a steak left. The flavor was good, but the cut of meat was just pitiful. Might have caught them on a bad night, but I won't be going back. When I go out for a steak, which is seldom, I expect a good cut of meat for $20.

mistersolis

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh man oh man I could talk food all day. Ha!

For a good fried onion burger try out Nic's Grill on Penn...it's a bit north of NW 10th. Also try S&B Burger Joint. There is one downtown, one one May close to NW 150th and one on May and about NW 50th by that Best Buy.

For steaks I always liked Mickey Mantle's, Paseo Grill, or Mahogany. If you guys want to impress your woman and can spend a bit, go to Paseo Grill. Call ahead of time to make a reservation and ask for a booth. They are enclosed by these sheen drapes and your gal will dig it if she hasn't been before. You can expect to spend about 100-120 for the 2 of you also depending on if you drink alcohol or not.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really? Which one do you eat at?

The Golden Corral in Shawnee has the worst breakfast EVER!

Tulsa, 71st and Mingo.

I have kids, theyre big and can eat alot, so for them any place that I can provide quantity (over quality according to the wife) is preferred. Usually though if its just me and the youngest kid we might go to the (W)awful House for burnt waffles, bacon, grits, and scattered smothered covered hashbrown taters.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Tulsa, 71st and Mingo.

I have kids, theyre big and can eat alot, so for them any place that I can provide quantity (over quality according to the wife) is preferred. Usually though if its just me and the youngest kid we might go to the (W)awful House for burnt waffles, bacon, grits, and scattered smothered covered hashbrown taters.

Gonna have to +1 you on the GC at 71st. They serve a pretty good breakfast buffet. Way better than the 21st location.

Latest posts

Top Bottom