Whirlpool Electric clothers dryer help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Folks,

I have a Whirlpool model LWE0050PQ0 dryer that won't power up(no lights). I have checked power and know that I am getting 240volts to the dryer. I am pretty sure the door switch is bad, but for the life of me can't figure out how to disassemble this thing so I can get in to put a ohmeter on the door switch..... I hate call a repairman for what I think is a simple fix.

For you folks in the appliance repair business, is that something you would recommend I tackle or bite the bullet and call a professional.... I can trace voltage etc, but don't have a service manual for it.

Thanks

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
keep at it... I replaced the thremal switch by myself on mine last year and it cost me all of $10 and I was able to get familiar with my dryer so well that I won't ever need a repairman.

use the link in that last post and do some more searches and you'll find everything you need.

Barsoom

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
youtube videos .... great source for self help on fixing your dryer. I tore mine down and fixed it in about an hour.

I bet the dryer repair people really hate the fix it videos.

btw I'm not really a tool guy but I was still able to do it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom