HB 3354 - Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thayton

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Doesn't look like they got to it today, kind of hard to get anything done in an hour and a half, at least thats what the video showed. After watching them for a week or so I'm less than impressed.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't look like they got to it today, kind of hard to get anything done in an hour and a half, at least thats what the video showed. After watching them for a week or so I'm less than impressed.

Got to agree. You'd think that they would realize lots of people are watching on this and the other bill and they would be trying to make an appearance and clear it off the schedule. The sooner they pass it the sooner they can go back to thier one hour work weeks.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just heard back from my rep Leslie Osborn.....

"We are supposed to vote on it tomorrow"

Thank you all for keeping us informed. I've already emailed both my rep & senator. Hope everyone here has done the same. regardless of whether you support OC or not, defeat of this will give the anti RKBa folks (who are all watching this) more ammo and show potential vulnerabilities in OK that they will try to exploit next.
Stay together, please.
OC will NOT lead to the wild west. It's already legal in 44 states, including California, Virginia & Vermont!

GoArmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in law enforcement in Alaska. Alaska is an open carry state. One thing you always knew was that every, house, car, business you went into there was a gun or 3... or 4.

The new law may just confuse things for a while... for both folks that want to carry and law enforcement I fear. And maybe slow OSBI down a bit.

For my 6 1/6 cents, I prefer to ccw .vs open carry. Unless you're wearing a uniform some non-gun folks get a bit nervous when they see someone toting a firearm.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just heard back from my rep Leslie Osborn.....

"We are supposed to vote on it tomorrow"

I finally got a response back, but I didn't really get any real information. I had included a note that I knew that even out-of-state groups were lobbying against this and that I wanted to reaffirm that he should support it, and I did get to learn that the usual suspects are moving against it the most: HigherEd/Technology.:grumble:

SBD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know I watched a bit of the floor today - actually all 96 minutes of it. I wish I had a job where I could show up for 96 minutes, sit on my butt, push a yea or nay button and waste half that time with "special recognitions" (not that those aren't nice but how bout a special session to deal with those) and get a fat ole check at the end of the week. Not to mention the 20 minutes of so recognizing the "Persons of The Day". I am not really criticizing cause I stay out of politics but WOW what an eye opener! I WILL BE WATCHING TOMORROW! What are the chances of Mr. Henry trying to veto it?

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know I watched a bit of the floor today - actually all 96 minutes of it. I wish I had a job where I could show up for 96 minutes, sit on my butt, push a yea or nay button and waste half that time with "special recognitions" (not that those aren't nice but how bout a special session to deal with those) and get a fat ole check at the end of the week. Not to mention the 20 minutes of so recognizing the "Persons of The Day". I am not really criticizing cause I stay out of politics but WOW what an eye opener! I WILL BE WATCHING TOMORROW! What are the chances of Mr. Henry trying to veto it?

There's actually a LOT more to it than that.

You've got committees.

You've got lobbyists pulling you both ways, wherever they can find you.

You gotta keep your constituents happy, even though only a miniscule fraction of them bother to let you know what they are thinking.

What you see from the floor is only a small part of the legislative process. Unfortunately, most people only consider what is readily visible.

Blue Baby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You gotta keep your constituents happy, even though only a miniscule fraction of them bother to let you know what they are thinking.

Wouldn't it be great if they actually mingled and participated in the average Joe's events? Then people would be able to have a conversation with them and they would know what the thoughts of their constituents were and we would know where they stand.

NAH!! That's makes too much sense and would be too easy, must be a better idea they're working on. Like the $750+ a plate parties they attend, I guess that's where the thoughts of their constituents come from.....
:anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom