Obama is going to...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Razor

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure this is the same treaty we were hearing about with Mexico some time back. It sounds like a treaty that has been considered before under Bush (he opposed it), but I'm posting this current article since it appears Obama is trying something new. I debated posting this as I suspect there is some hyperbole here, but in the end I thought it would be better to be paranoid and have it on our radar than to have this slip by unnoticed. If anyone knows more about it please comment.

---

Real Conservatives
November 11, 2009

Reuters is very reliable
Date: Thursday, October 29, 2009, 4:20 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNew...E59E0Q920091015
Obama Finds Legal Way Around The 2nd. Amendment and Uses It.
Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:56pm EDT Reuters News Service
The Full Article Here
Subject: Obama Takes First Step in Banning All Firearms
On Wednesday Obama Took the First Major Step in a Plan to Ban All Firearms in the United States

On Wednesday the Obama administration took its first major step in a plan to ban all firearms in the United States. The Obama administration intends to force gun control and a complete ban on all weapons for US citizens through the signing of international treaties with foreign nations. By signing international treaties on gun control, the Obama administration can use the US State Department to bypass the normal legislative process in Congress. Once the US Government signs these international treaties, all US citizens will be subject to those gun laws created by foreign governments. These are laws that have been developed and promoted by organizations such as the United Nations and individuals such as George Soros and Michael Bloomberg. The laws are designed and intended to lead to the complete ban and confiscation of all firearms.

The Obama administration is attempting to use tactics and methods of gun control that will inflict major damage to our 2nd Amendment before US citizens even understand what has happened. Obama can appear before the public and tell them that he does not intend to pursue any legislation (in the United States) that will lead to new gun control laws, while cloaked in secrecy, his Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton is committing the US to international treaties and foreign gun control laws. Does that mean Obama is telling the truth? What it means is that there will be no publicized gun control debates in the media or votes in Congress. We will wake up one morning and find that the United States has signed a treaty that prohibits firearm and ammunition manufacturers from selling to the public. We will wake up another morning and find that the US has signed a treaty that prohibits any transfer of firearm ownership. And then, we will wake up yet another morning and find that the US has signed a treaty that requires US citizens to deliver any firearm they own to the local government collection and destruction center or face imprisonment.

This is not a joke nor a false warning. As sure as government health care will be forced on us by the Obama administration through whatever means necessary, so will gun control.

U.S. reverses stance on treaty to regulate arms trade

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The United States reversed policy on Wednesday and said it would back launching talks on a treaty to regulate arms sales as long as the talks operated by consensus, a stance critics said gave every nation a veto.

The decision, announced in a statement released by the U.S. State Department, overturns the position of former President George W. Bush’s administration, which had opposed such a treaty on the grounds that national controls were better.

The Full Article

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know where people still get the idea that a treaty can somehow usurp the US Constitution, which is the source of authority for treaties with foreign powers.

From Wikipedia regarding Article 6 of the Constitution:

Clause two provides that the Constitution, federal laws made pursuant to it and treaties made under its authority, constitute the supreme law of the land.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_Six_of_the_United_States_Constitution

Keep in mind that while the President can sign a treaty, until it is ratified by the Senate, it cannot be put into effect. But, once ratified (read: "made under its authority") it does become law in the United States.

Clause two of the Constitution:

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
While I have no doubt Obama and many on his team would like to pull this off I do not seeing it getting ratified even with the current make up of the Senate.
The manure storm that ratifying such a treaty and trying to enforce a total ban on private ownership of small arms in the US would bring about would be truly Homeric.

As to what you posted, there is nothing in the propsed UN arms control treaty that has even passing similarities to the nonsense you re-posted here, sounds more like GOA fear mongering.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
While I have no doubt Obama and many on his team would like to pull this off I do not seeing it getting ratified even with the current make up of the Senate.
The manure storm that ratifying such a treaty and trying to enforce a total ban on private ownership of small arms in the US would bring about would be truly Homeric.

As to what you posted, there is nothing in the propsed UN arms control treaty that has even passing similarities to the nonsense you re-posted here, sounds more like GOA fear mongering.

+1,but we have to stay vigilant. Steve

penman53

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I doubt it very seriously that the Obama administration or any administration will be able to "ban" all weapons in the United States. This is nothing more than fear mongering. Go out and stock up on more overpriced ammunition, spread more hate and discontent about the current sitting president and have a ball. In the end you will find out that there is nothing to this. No one will be able to take away all the guns in this country. It will be impossible. Think about it. No way man, no way.

chuckels59h

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doubt it very seriously that the Obama administration or any administration will be able to "ban" all weapons in the United States. This is nothing more than fear mongering. Go out and stock up on more overpriced ammunition, spread more hate and discontent about the current sitting president and have a ball. In the end you will find out that there is nothing to this. No one will be able to take away all the guns in this country. It will be impossible. Think about it. No way man, no way.

Lets make a list here:
Surrounded himself with ex ceo's of banking institutions
Surrounded himself with pro communist cazrs
Tried to eliminate the term limit within the first month of office
Called leo's "stupid"
Now calls for tempered judgement on Fort Hood
Bows, to EVERY foreign dignitary in the world (wow bows)
Apologized to EVERY digintary in the world in the first two months of office
Allowed a crooked group called Acorn to do his dirty work, a group he was an attorney for, for several years.
Met with Mexico the first month of office and stated he would support a treaty for AWB.
Continues to date to allow the bankers to call the shots on the economy, foxes guarding the henhouse.
Most recentlly trying to pressure China into signing the Copehagen to justify the U.S. joining. Did you know Clinton was there for two days BEFORE he arrived to try to soften them up?
I could continue for awhile, but I think you get the geust of why he isn't on everyones Christmas list this year.
Oh, this is just stuff from January that has hit, we have another three years of hope and change.

When Copenhagen is signed and you're electric bills skyrockets, you come back here and tell everyone to continue to support him.
When the AWB goes thru with a slight of hand on the back of another needed bill, you let us know we are in the wrong.
Indifference and arrogance will cost Americans they're freedoms. You can take this to the bank, if it hasn't failed by the time you get there,lmao.

Latest posts

Top Bottom