Thinking of getting an AK. Got a few questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Norinco, some Arsenal, Krebs, some ITM, some FEG.
really depends on what your looking for.
When u find one you think you like, come back and ask.
If you get a Yugo parts kit built gun, check the gas system and barrel for major corrosion.

Tinbender75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Arsenal, Norinco and Rifle Dynamics. I like Arsenals but the finish and triggers aren't the best. Norincos are supposed to be 922 compliant but they are the purest AK since they were actually imported with all the foreign parts. All of my AKs are compliant having the US made parts but that is the way I bought them. You have to ask yourself what you want? I assume 7.62 since you said 47? A lot my friends like the 74s better because they are used to shooting the 223 rds. I would look at the photo threads on site and others and see what you like. Yugo guns are built like tanks but I am not a huge fan of the underfolers. I personally like Arsenals Bulgarian Side folders like the SLR 106, 106 CR (5.56) and the SLR 107 and 107 CR (7.62). About all Arsenal currently manufactures is Saiga conversions not bad but a little high. If the weather was cooler and I actually owned AKs I would let you try some out. Lol!

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Yugo underfolder, with all the new parts it needed. Just need to get off my butt and put it together. My bore looks good. I gave $150 for the whole shebang before all the import ban crap, with a complete receiver, and an unfinished one.

I have had two Norincos, a MAK-90, and a NHM-91. Both worked with no malfunctions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom