Sooner State Pawn Oklahoma Second Amendment Association 2A Shooting Center Harsh Firearms Fat Boy Tactical

Default Heads up for those waiting for their CCW

Turned my instructor renewal application in on Jan 31st, called the Tulsa Co. Sheriff's office today and they still don't have my license. I called and spoke to OSBI and they said they had a computer problem between Dec and Feb and something got screwed up in the fingerprint department, said it was an IT glitch. Bottom line, there is an internal screw up with some applications and they don't know there is a problem until the applicant calls them wondering why their permit hasn't arrived.

Now, my license is expired and I am past the 30 day grace period, so I have to go unarmed until they get my license processed. I will give them credit, the guy I spoke with was very apologetic and said he would try to get mine mailed to TCSO today.

HAb448

Default Re: Heads up for those waiting for their CCW

Can anyone tell me if there is a time limit on the vailidity of the Firearms Safety training certificate required for the CCW application ?
    I took the training in February but never submitted my application & paperwork for the CCW. Will I have to repeat the safety training & get a new certificate or can I used my certificate with the Feb completion date ?

Quote Originally Posted by HAb448 View Post
    Can anyone tell me if there is a time limit on the vailidity of the Firearms Safety training certificate required for the CCW application ?
    I took the training in February but never submitted my application & paperwork for the CCW. Will I have to repeat the safety training & get a new certificate or can I used my certificate with the Feb completion date ?
    No, it never expires, you are good to go.

You are good to go so long as you have your original certificate. No copies are accepted by the OSBI! So protect your original and don't let anything happen to it. And, you probably should burn yourself a copy for your records. I still have a copy of my original and all renewal applications.

My brother delayed getting his permit for several years and eventually misplaced his original certificate. The guy who issued it was no longer a instructor and couldn't be reached... so my brother had to take the class again somewhere else.
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter. -Ernest Hemingway

I kept mine for almost five years and turned it in. No problems.
    "okietom's feedback"

"If we are to continue to have the freedoms that came of the inspiration of the Almighty to our Founding Fathers, we must return to the God who is their true Author." Gordon B Hinckley

Quote Originally Posted by David2012 View Post
    You are good to go so long as you have your original certificate. No copies are accepted by the OSBI! So protect your original and don't let anything happen to it. And, you probably should burn yourself a copy for your records. I still have a copy of my original and all renewal applications.

My brother delayed getting his permit for several years and eventually misplaced his original certificate. The guy who issued it was no longer a instructor and couldn't be reached... so my brother had to take the class again somewhere else.
    Your Instructor can give you a new certificate. You do not have to take another class. You need to be able to find him. This is why you should take from a reliable Instructor. OSBI will not accept copys of anything. I have had students get them returned because of this.

Mark