45th Infantry Museum in OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spent an excellent few hours out at the museum today. There were lots of "shootin' irons" on display, many arranged in order of time periods. In addition, there were uniform displays, cartoons created by Bill Mauldin, as well as information on the history of the 45th. To be truthful, I got so wrapped up into the weapons and other stuff that I didn't pay a lot of attention to the history of the 45th stuff much at all.

The one thing I discovered today that is related to the 45th is that Dan Blocker, who played Hoss Cartwright in Bonanza, was in the 45th during the Korean War. Their gift shop even has a book on the 45th, and Blocker is on the cover of that book.

I took over 300 photos in my outing, but as for the outdoor displays of equipment, I got rained out before I even got 1/4 of the way through all that stuff. I'll have to go back again when the weather is better. They also have three missing outdoor aircraft that got damaged in a hailstorm we had a while back. They should be repaired and back before too long. At least, that's what the lady in the museum said.

They even have one of the Colt Paterson revolving shotguns (first picture below.) The only bad thing about the trip was that one can't use flash for photography inside the museum. So, a number of the pictures I took need some work, and I hate working on photos.

And, last but not least, Bill Mauldin:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom