What a horriable day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Went to visit a friend of mind over at Fort Cobb Lake today. As I was leaving he said you should go up to the store and check out the deer pics he said they sure check in some goods this year. I was admiring some of the deer when I seen one and said to myself dang that's a good one and the same time I said to myself OMG NO NO NO but sure enough there was a pic of a buck that I had on camera.This buck is one of the biggest bucks I had seen from this area in the last 40 years of hunting it. All my pics had been at night but I knew when weather got cold and rough he would make a daylight appearance sooner or later but I stopped getting pics of him. but starting around the 15th of dec I started hunting him on cold days with a north wind thinking anytime he could show made about 15 sits. The kid killed him on Dec 3rd.I don't know the details yet going to hunt the kid down and put my hands on that rack and find out the story about where and how he killed him. First pic on my cam second pics in his hands Oh almost cried today

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry you didn't get him, but IMO that's better than sitting and waiting on a phantom deer that may or may not be there anymore................which I've done many times, not ever knowing what happened to the buck.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know the feelin. Few years back I had been seeing a really nice buck on the camera. Heard a shot one day during gun season. I waited a few minutes, heard a 4 wheeler, so I got down and looked across the neighboring field with the binos about 5 or 6 hundred yards away and watched 2 guys drag the buck out and load it on a 4 wheeler. I was pretty bummed.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least the kid got to enjoy harvesting that bruiser. I have one near my house that gets my (All In) attention this next season. He will be a 10 year old and so far every year has been bigger than the last.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No doubt about it, he got your deer! Sucks to see your trophy in someone else's picture, but as long as he was all legal, just have to shake it off and congratulate the kid on taking a nice buck.

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The buck that I shot was eating from a feeder on another property, I felt horreebla that I had to choot em....j/k. Too bad you missed out on that beast and yes my story is true, I got a beautiful 8 pt. buck.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang man. At least you got closure. I have yet to have the experience of getting pics of a buck and chasing just that specific deer. I look forward to the chance though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom