New York Terrorist attack thwarted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/tennessee-man-pleads-guilty-to-plotting-attack-on-muslims/
Tenn. man pleads guilty to plotting attack on Muslims

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- A man who ran for Congress last year in East Tennessee has pleaded guilty to plotting an attack on a small Muslim enclave in New York.

Federal agents began investigating Robert Doggart of Signal Mountain following a Facebook posting in which he claimed a community outside of Hancock, New York, was planning a terrorist attack and "must be utterly destroyed," according to the plea agreement entered last month.

The area in Delaware County is known as "Islamberg," a self-named community consisting primarily of Muslims.

infoislamberg2.jpg
CBS affiliate WBNG
Via cellphone, Doggart also told unnamed people cooperating with the FBI that his plan involved killing residents and burning at least three buildings. He met with at least one source in Nashville.
"Those guys (have) to be killed," Doggart said during one call. "Their buildings need to be burnt down."

During the same call, Doggart told the person on the phone that pistols couldn't be carried from Tennessee to New York because the city doesn't have carry permit reciprocity, but that "AR-15s, M-4s or M-16s" could be brought.

Doggart said he planned to bring his M-4 rifle with four magazines, according to the court document.

"Doggart's evil plot served to destroy our safety and security by terrorizing us -- in an attempt to launch the country into civil strife," said Hon. Hussein Adams, Chief Executive of The Muslims of America Inc., according to CBS affiliate WBNG.

Doggart's allegations that residents of Islamberg are planning some kind of attack of their own are unfounded, Delaware County Undersheriff Craig DuMond told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

"We have no reason to believe that any of the allegations made ... are accurate," DuMond said.

Doggart pleaded guilty to a charge of interstate communication of threats. He faces up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine. His attorney told the AP that a judge is still reviewing the plea agreement.

Residents of the community said the potential prison time was lenient, WBNG reported.

"There should be no discrepancy between how the laws are applied to us as Muslims versus to someone who is not Muslim," said Tahirah Amatul-Wadud, a lawyer for The Muslims of America Inc.

Doggart ran as an independent in last year's District 4 Tennessee congressional race and finished with just 6 percent of the vote.

He told Ballotpedia that his campaign themes included the integrity of the U.S. Constitution, and "the protection of the American people, land, and our form of government by the professional military establishment."
Other news reports have him titled as "minister."

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Was he plotting this attack in the name of Christ? (I didn't read the whole story)
Pretty much

Our small group will soon be faced with the fight of our lives. We will offer those lives as collateral to prove our commitment to our God,” wrote Doggart.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/05/20/c...totally-threatened-to-burn-down-islamberg-ny/
An anti-Muslim Christian minister pled guilty in late April to threatening to attack Islamberg, New York, according to recently unsealed court documents.

Robert Doggart, 63, planned to attack the town’s Muslims and burn down buildings, purportedly working with nine men from a private militia, reports The Daily Beast.

Doggart, a Tennessee resident, allegedly planned to travel to Islamberg to carry out reconnaissance on April 12. However, he was detained by the FBI April 11. The agency was alerted to his intentions after Doggart posted radical messages on social media and through the role of an informant.

He said Islamberg “must be utterly destroyed in order to get the attention of the American people,” according to Times Free Press. During a meeting with a confidential source in Nashville, Doggart mentioned using molotov cocktails to attack Islamberg’s mosque, cafeteria and school. He also threatened to cut the city’s Muslims to shreds with a machete.

“Our small group will soon be faced with the fight of our lives. We will offer those lives as collateral to prove our commitment to our God,” wrote Doggart. “We shall be Warriors who will inflict horrible numbers of casualties upon the enemies of our Nation and World Peace.”

Doggart apparently believed members of the Islamberg community were plotting a terror attack, despite a denial from local law enforcement officials that any such plan existed, reports Times Free Press.

The one-time congressional candidate, who ran as an independent in 2014, pled to a single count of making threats over the phone, potentially facing up to five years in prison and a fine of $250,000.

A representative of Islamberg’s Muslim residents told The Daily Beast that the community is “traumatized,” and Doggart “is not representative of Christianity, but more like the American Taliban.”

Islamberg serves as the headquarters for the Muslims Of America, Inc. The organization issued a press release detailing the incident May 15 and included a picture of the town’s children holding a banner saying, “Why do you want to kill us, Robert Doggart?”

Islamberg, a hamlet in the Catskills, has between 100-200 residents. It was founded by Pakistani cleric Sheikh Syed Mubarik Ali Shah Gilani and mainly the Black Muslims group from New York City in the 1980s.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Huffington Post says Christian National Church.........I'm not sure what that is.

Westboro Baptist church claims to be Baptist/Christian too........we all know that storyline.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It'd be interesting to see the position of whatever church he claims to be a minister in...

Huffington Post says Christian National Church.........I'm not sure what that is.

Westboro Baptist church claims to be Baptist/Christian too........we all know that storyline.

Another source I saw, but one I wouldn't lay claim to as a serious journalistic endeavor, also said the same thing. That "news" source printed this:

"The FBI arrested the ordained Christian National Church minister April 10 – one day before he planned to visit New York for reconnaissance, and five days before the “drop dead date.”

I'm certainly NOT a Christian leader of any church group or congregation, but I'll gladly say that this guy isn't really being a Christian. A Christian can certainly "defend," but I'd say that they should never instigate an attack. Thus, if I were asked to judge, I'd have to say I disagreed with him totally. However, since I'm not the one to judge, I won't go as far as saying he is evil and condemn him. Personally, I think he needs some Christian guidance.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not saying condemn the man, only the actions. It is what many people here ask of Muslim leaders when their own radical fanatics do similar things(enact or attempt to enact violence), and the response that usually comes from the community is basically what you just said. Paraphrasing: That is not our religion and these fanatics are misguided.

Latest posts

Top Bottom