Just got my orientation notification email from OKCGC...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind for the new members. The club is a voluntary club. Every range needs volunteers to help on a frequent basis. Typically a handful of people at each range do the bulk of the work. Any others willing to help are always welcome - just jump in and ask what you can do to help. I can honestly say I enjoy working with others to improve / repair the facilities almost as much as using the facilities. It is great working side by side with like minded people / friends.

Absolutely true. The same exact scenario goes on at the Ponca City Rifle and Pistol Club. One of the things that has helped is that we have posted a list of things that need to be done around the range and asked for volunteers to complete them in an email to the general membership. We let them know that if they incur any expenses the club will reimburse them.
In the past, these were discussed at the club meetings only, and the general membership never knew of the need for the projects. We are keeping the list updated, and acknowledge those that completed the tasks publicly if they don't object to it.
It seems to be working so far. Several new volunteers have stepped up.

Last edited:

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Absolutely true. The same exact scenario goes on at the Ponca City Rifle and Pistol Club. One of the things that has helped is that we have posted a list of things that need to be done around the range and asked for volunteers to complete them in an email to the general membership. We let them know that if they incur any expenses the club will reimburse them.
In the past, these were discussed at the club meetings only, and the general membership never knew of the need for the projects. We keep the list updated, and acknowledge those that completed the tasks publicly if they don't object to it.
It seems to be working so far. Several new volunteers have stepped up.

That's a good idea. I think I'll bring it forward to a couple of people. Thanks.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I know you shoot the cowboy action range there. That group of folks have put in countless hours making their area outstanding. Can't imagine the hours they put in erecting all of those buildings.

It's a pretty incredible range. We're lucky to be able to shoot there. The cowboy range and the people that run it are the whole reason we want to join. We've been shooting with them for several years (and volunteering as much possible, even as non-members) and would like to expand our commitment to the club that we enjoy so much, both in money and in man-hours.

I am sure that once we're "in" we will end up participating in other disciplines as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom