1911 conversion, 1911-22, or Ruger 22/45?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if you want more trigger time with your favorite 1911 then a conversion unit is the way to go. The Marvel #1 is used by bullseye pistol shooters amnd the most accurate unit on the market. The Tactical Solution, Advantage Arms and Ciener kits have various plusses and minuses.
If your goal is reliable 22 then go for the Ruger 22/45.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks all. I think I will look into the marvel conversion. Handled the GSG again this weekend and like it ok but for the money I don't think I would like it as well as my 1911 or my buckmark. May have to wait a while, since I bought a marlin 44 mag this weekend.

CamaroMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the Rugers alot but if you already have a buckmark and your wanting it to compare to a 1911 i'd rule that out. A conversion would be great cause you would have the same trigger and grip as your full size and have a real slide to work, I hear they don't work as good on some 1911 frames but work great on others though. That being said i've heard alot of good about the GSG and am considering one myself. They have something like 80% parts compatibility with the real 1911s so if there is something you don't like then chances are you can change it. I say go for the GSG or maybe the conversion whichever you think would be best for you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom