1911 sucks videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorton

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...le-Obama-introduces-tighter-gun-controls.html

Watch the vid near the bottom.

CCW revoked...... don't call him a coward or he'll kill ya.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...gers-ccw-license-revoked-david-gregory-walks/

"Any of you homos touch me..... and I'll kill ya"

www.morethings.com_fan_bill_murray_stripes_bill_murray_stripes1981_1340.jpg

Somehow that doesn't surprise me, after watching most of his videos. He would give what seemed like relevant info and then go on a ten minute rant about people being stupid for carrying anything but a 9mm or .45 Glock. Guess you gotta watch what you say and where in the digital age, gubment will come git ya!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think anyone would argue that, when it comes to pure functionality, a Glock is a hands down winner over a 1911.

I would.... Glock has had issues with just about every platform they've introduced except their 9mm ones. However, they are swept under the rug and later called "upgrades" when these problems are fixed. See 4th gen glocks as the most recent issue.

Now before anyone gets all bowed up, I own several glocks and 1911s. Just sayin that there can be problems with either if they are pushed beyond the limits to which they were designed.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes thats the guy. Like I said, he seems to be a knowledgable guy with a lot of years in training, but then he goes off on these rants about being battle ready and the fact that if any pistol isn't 9MM or .45 or Glock then it's useless crap.

Yeah, James Yeagerdouchemeister is a douche.

I would.... Glock has had issues with just about every platform they've introduced except their 9mm ones. However, they are swept under the rug and later called "upgrades" when these problems are fixed. See 4th gen glocks as the most recent issue.

Now before anyone gets all bowed up, I own several glocks and 1911s. Just sayin that there can be problems with either if they are pushed beyond the limits to which they were designed.

Even the 9mm's have had problems, specifically late Gen 3's with ejection problems and early Gen 4's with extraction and ejection issues. They applied their fix for G-22's with WML's to the 9mm's and "unfixed" them.

I've owned a lot of Glocks and 1911's and still own several of both platforms. The only one's I've ever sold because I still didn't trust them after applying fixes were the two Kimber's I had. The 1911 platform does require a more thorough knowledge of it's operating principles, if you want across the board reliability and longevity. Any Glock or 1911 can be very reliable, but of itself is still just a single example. Everyone else's results may vary. :)

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think anyone would argue that, when it comes to pure functionality, a Glock is a hands down winner over a 1911.

But there is just something difficult to describe about the beauty and shootability of John Moses Browning's greatest creation.

Nothng is more of a joy to shoot, IMO, than a nice 1911.

I plan to get a Glock sometime. I shoot them pretty well.

They just don't do anything for me.

My Glock is like the old Toyota that just keeps on running. It doesnt break down on you and you can always count on it to get you to point A to B but at the end of the day its just a old reliable Toyota.

My glock was a perfect performer but it doesnt have a special place in my heart like some of my other guns.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My Glock is like the old Toyota that just keeps on running. It doesnt break down on you and you can always count on it to get you to point A to B but at the end of the day its just a old reliable Toyota.

My glock was a perfect performer but it doesnt have a special place in my heart like some of my other guns.

best analogy I've heard

shorton

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you disagree with in the videos?

I don't know about anyone else, but I watched the first video purely because of the title. I own two 1911's of different make and model, so I wanted to see what the guy had to say and see what his reasoning was. Once I started watching it seemed that he had no tolerance for anything but Glock 9mm or .45, which I know absolutely nothing about. I started to watch more of his videos hoping to gain some insight and find out more about the guy. As I said before, he gave relevant info and sounded as if he had lots of experience but then he would rant against things like cold range rules, not being what he described as "battle ready", collecting guns purely for the asthetic value or joy of just shooting. That kind of stuff is what pushed me to see what everyone else thought.

I understand the need for training and readiness, but not everyone gets into guns for that purpose. I have handled guns since I was old enough to pick one up, and was instructed by my father and late grandfather in the proper use, and absolute respect for a firearm. I guess that is mainly what I disagree with, that if I haven't taken a defensive training course, that I don't know what I'm doing. I absolutely agree that those kinds of courses and training make people better shooters, but there are all kinds of reasons people can't take those kinds of training. Anyway, enough of my rambling. I don't disagree with everything the guy said, I just think that some of it is what pushes people away from the shooting sports.

Latest posts

Top Bottom