1911 sucks videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but I watched the first video purely because of the title. I own two 1911's of different make and model, so I wanted to see what the guy had to say and see what his reasoning was. Once I started watching it seemed that he had no tolerance for anything but Glock 9mm or .45, which I know absolutely nothing about. I started to watch more of his videos hoping to gain some insight and find out more about the guy. As I said before, he gave relevant info and sounded as if he had lots of experience but then he would rant against things like cold range rules, not being what he described as "battle ready", collecting guns purely for the asthetic value or joy of just shooting. That kind of stuff is what pushed me to see what everyone else thought.

I understand the need for training and readiness, but not everyone gets into guns for that purpose. I have handled guns since I was old enough to pick one up, and was instructed by my father and late grandfather in the proper use, and absolute respect for a firearm. I guess that is mainly what I disagree with, that if I haven't taken a defensive training course, that I don't know what I'm doing. I absolutely agree that those kinds of courses and training make people better shooters, but there are all kinds of reasons people can't take those kinds of training. Anyway, enough of my rambling. I don't disagree with everything the guy said, I just think that some of it is what pushes people away from the shooting sports.

Sounds like you have a clear perspective on the situation to me. Kudos!

BTW, He's still a douche. :)

Cowboy2000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you like 1911 go get buy one. If you like glock go buy it. YouTube has given these crazy narcissistic people a way to communicate. Sometimes I don't know if we are better with Internet or not.

shorton

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a clear perspective on the situation to me. Kudos!

BTW, He's still a douche. :)

LOL!! Ok I'll stop being pc and give you that one. Any suggestions on a first Glock? I've shot a .40, not sure what gen it was and I have a .40 cal. Taurus already. Was thinking about a 9mm but still undecided. They seem to always be for sale, not sure why?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL!! Ok I'll stop being pc and give you that one. Any suggestions on a first Glock? I've shot a .40, not sure what gen it was and I have a .40 cal. Taurus already. Was thinking about a 9mm but still undecided. They seem to always be for sale, not sure why?

For CCW and range use, G-19. For range use and a little CCW, G-17. For CCW only, G-26. I like the 19 best overall.

shorton

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jams and all, still cherish my .45 cal 1911 it isn't going anywhere soon. For CCW it's a G-26, some think they are ugly but don't really care it has never failed.

Yeah I carry my Kimber Ultra Carry most of the time and I love how it shoots. Had some night sights put on it cause I'm getting old and blind, and changed the factory grips because..... who doesn't? I need to do my research and go shoot some Glocks. Kinda hard to do right now with all the craziness, everyone is short on ammo. Might wait til later in the year, or maybe next year to purchase anything.

shorton

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only Baer's that are north of $3,500 are the presentation guns. Almost everything else is a grand less than that and several pistols are less than $2,000. $1,000 buys you a lot of 1911 right now.

I haven't checked their site in awhile, when I got home from Brasil late last year, I was totally focused on building my first AR and buying my shorty 1911. I got it done right before the SandyHook thing happened. Got a couple of extra stripped lowers while I was buying , along with some other stuff. Guess I could sell those and buy a Les Baer!! LOL Just kidding.

BMPregler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only Baer's that are north of $3,500 are the presentation guns. Almost everything else is a grand less than that and several pistols are less than $2,000. $1,000 buys you a lot of 1911 right now.

Correct. You can buy Baer's flagship the Premier II for under 2k and I bought a custom carry Comanche for less than $1900. Best 1911 for the money IMHO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom