1st post intro / rant about the BX firearms counter.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoostedBerlina

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to introduce myself. I'm fairly new to firearms, but not a straight up noob and I do own quite a few. My favorite so far is my Kimber pro custom II eclipse, it's pretty much beautiful.

Now... I feel like I have to let everyone else know about something that has really gotten under my skin the past few weeks...

On 9/11/2011 I decided to purchase a firearm to commemorate the tragic event. I wanted to get it engraved with the towers on it and what not. I didn't want a regular AR because everyone and their mom has one around here. Obviously couldn't use a straight up AK... so I came upon the conclusion of a SIG556 classic.

Me and the Wife went to the BX and I told them exactly what I wanted. The guy (#1 we'll call him) went to the computer and ordered it and I signed the paperwork for them to hold it when they get it in. I asked how long would it be and #1 told me about 1 week, max 2 weeks. I was fine with that. I could wait a week to get it in. He told me after that though that most of the time it really only takes 3 days because the distributor is in TX and I thought to myself even better. I said my thanks and we left.

Fastforward to 9/15/2011. I decided to swing into the BX before going home to see if by chance the gun came in. The guy (#2 we'll call him) said yeah, I think we got one of those in. I damn near did a back flip. He goes to the back and looks and comes back out with nothing and say's "yeah we got one but it's for someone else." So I felt like I just got shafted... anyways, I said thanks for looking and left.

9/16/2011 I decided hell, if that "someone else" got their gun yesterday, surely mine would be in. So again, before going home I went in and asked. #2 was there and he says "yeah, we didn't get a shipment in today." I was a little pissed because I wanted something to do for the weekend, i.e. waste 1000 rounds of ammo... I said "cool, thanks" and left.

9/19/2011. By this time I had bought a lot of things online for the gun like a Troy industries battle rail, various magpul covers and front grip, a red dot, a DDLES adaptor, a magpul UBR stock and 5 magpul mags. I figured I'd skip going into the BX for today.

9/20/2011. Now that everyone that I work with that likes firearms knew about the new purchase they wanted to go shooting together so I decided to see if it was here. I went to the BX and #1 tells me it's not here and he doesn't know why it's taking so long. I sigh and walk on...

9/21/2011. I mission planned this day. I called in to see if it was there yet. Guess what... nope... #1 says he still doesn't understand why it's here and he'll get it over nighted to get it here. I said thanks a lot.

9/22/2011. I flew. When I got home I called. This is the day that pissed me off about this. So I ask if it has come in by chance and the guy says no. I asked if they were sure they ordered it and if it was for sure in stock when they did... I was told it'd be over nighted yesterday. The guy says he was sure they ordered it, but they can't change delivery to over night and that whoever told me that must have made a mistake... Feeling a little fed up at this point, I say ok and thanks for checking and hang up. 20mins later I began to question if the guy really told me the truth and decided to call back and get to the bottom of it. I mean hell I could have drove to TX to the distributor and got the damn gun myself by now. So #1 answers the phone and I ask him what's going on, did you order the other one and have it over nighted, did you talk to the distributor and see what the hang up was? He said yeah, they ordered another one and for some reason it didn't come in. He then tells me he'll "take care of me" seeing that I'm a little pissed. He also tells me (here's the bombshell folks) that it was sold from under me and that he was sorry for the mistake. I'm sure I said "what the hell, ok thanks" and hung up.

So I'm betting the one that was there 3 days later was mine and #2 F'd me over. He probably didn't mention it to anyone and thats why another one didn't get ordered until the 21st...

9/23/2011. I figured surely if #1 was telling me the truth about over nighting it it'd be in today. I wanted to buy some more mags anyways. I ask hoping to have something to do this weekend... and boom goes the dynamite... no dice. (AGIAN) Shipments still run over the weekends right, so if it was "over nighted" it's gotta be here on monday. That's 5 nights of possible over nights that this thing could have come. For sure monday. Hell, the 2 week MAX will be this sunday...

9/26/2011. So today I call around 5 and ask again if its come in. Nope. But #1 tells me he'll talk to his manager and see if he can figure it out. He then tells me another shipment will be ariving later and to call then. I say around 730 I'll call and hang up.

The manager calls around 630 and says he working it and that it should be in by wednesday. I confirmd with him that they ordered the right one and it indeed was. I ask "what day again should it be here" and he responds "wednesday or thursday... (pause) friday at the latest." I said cool... thanks.

I call back at 730 to talk to #1 and ask if the other shipment has come in and if it was possible if my damn gun was on it. The manager picks up and says I've already talked to you about it. I told him I talked with #1 and we agreed I'd call back at 730 to check on the other shipment. He says something and I say thanks and hang up.

So this brings everyone up to speed on my little problem with the BX. I understand that it may seem like I have been a pest trying to see if it's here or not damn near everyday, but I want it so I can send it off to be ingraved, so I can install all the crap I've bought for it, and most off all shoot the 1000+ rounds of ammo I have waiting on it.

I'm debating if its even worth waiting for it from this... lets say "establishment" for now just for the tax freeness of it all. I can go somewhere else and buy it for $200 more and pay the tax, but I don't want to because this "establishment" is here for people like me... supposedly. By the way, this is not the only firearm I'm waiting on from them at the moment.

I will update this further after I get more information. I'm not going to call tomorrow because work has me until late. But who knows what wednesday will bring...

Sorry for the wall of text for my first post.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
grapesandcheese.files.wordpress.com_2010_02_f_oh_hi_56281.jpg

john.beck49

Marksman
Reaction score
Here is what I was taught from an early age.. Screw me once, shame on you.. Screw me twice, shame on me... What you have to decide is, was the 200.00 plus tax you saved worth the screwing? If so, happy shooting.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a similar situation with an online dealer, I wont mention their name though because the manager did fix everything to my satisfaction but I do make sure to call at least twice in situations like this to speak to multiple people.

For my credit card, Cox Cable, and cell phone company issues are the main things I call twice about. You would be surprised (maybe not lol) at how many different answers you could get on one simple question with these people.

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you guys are cold, but that is hilarious! If I was a newbie, I might be turning tail and run!!!!!!

Now we just need Patty to come in here and say how mean you guys are and to be nice to the new guy!

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think you should just keep doing what you're doing,squeaky wheel action,and wait it out.It really hasn't been that long.What is this BX you speak of?? Is it military base exchange?? Whatever it is,when you get your rifle tell them you will never buy from them again.

BTW,welcome and ignore the resident wise a$$es.

Latest posts

Top Bottom