1ST pull II

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice bucks Dennis! What stealth cam model did you get? Thinking that will be the next brand cam I try

The pics are a stealthcam G30. New out this year.
I set it up I'm the yard for a month before taking it to the field last week.
Really quick shutter speed of .5 seconds.
8 megapixel
HD video that I have not tried yet.
80' range
One year battery life with 4AA alkaline battery's.
The best part is not having to program it unless you want to go custom.
There is a slide bar that sets preprogrammed features.
It's a little bit of a PITA, but you can put a passcode in the unit that makes it inoperable if it becomes stolen.
If the owner forgets the password, it can be recovered from the company.

I liked it so well that I bought its big brother yesterday on a trip to Tulsa.

It's the G42NG no glow. All the same features as the G30 except this model has 100' range and a 10 megapixel camera.

If your interested, Academy has both models $25 cheaper than BP.
The savings pays for some SD cards.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The pics are a stealthcam G30. New out this year.
I set it up I'm the yard for a month before taking it to the field last week.
Really quick shutter speed of .5 seconds.
8 megapixel
HD video that I have not tried yet.
80' range
One year battery life with 4AA alkaline battery's.
The best part is not having to program it unless you want to go custom.
There is a slide bar that sets preprogrammed features.
It's a little bit of a PITA, but you can put a passcode in the unit that makes it inoperable if it becomes stolen.
If the owner forgets the password, it can be recovered from the company.

I liked it so well that I bought its big brother yesterday on a trip to Tulsa.

It's the G42NG no glow. All the same features as the G30 except this model has 100' range and a 10 megapixel camera.

If your interested, Academy has both models $25 cheaper than BP.
The savings pays for some SD cards.

Thank you for the info!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Correction, it takes 8AA battery's, not 4. Battery life is expected to be 1 year.

I played with the video mode yesterday. The video and audio are very clear in daylight mode. I didn't check it in nighttime mode yet.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah, still, can't complain about $6 a year to run it. Found a G30, python cable, security box, and small SD card for $145 online.....so very tempted

Side note: as everyone is now checking their game cameras, I wanted to bring up something that's saved me from lugging my laptop with me while checking the camera or waiting until I get home (It's like Christmas, c'mon). I use an OTG adapter and small SD card reader, then connect directly to my phone (Galaxy S4 Active). You only need a phone that uses the mini-USB connection and a file browsing app (I use Astro File Manager, has a great build in image viewer).

OTG Adapter

SD Card Reader

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah, still, can't complain about $6 a year to run it. Found a G30, python cable, security box, and small SD card for $145 online.....so very tempted

Side note: as everyone is now checking their game cameras, I wanted to bring up something that's saved me from lugging my laptop with me while checking the camera or waiting until I get home (It's like Christmas, c'mon). I use an OTG adapter and small SD card reader, then connect directly to my phone (Galaxy S4 Active). You only need a phone that uses the mini-USB connection and a file browsing app (I use Astro File Manager, has a great build in image viewer).

OTG Adapter

SD Card Reader
You will probably find the long battery life advertised is if you use "Advanced Lithium" or "Ultimate Lithium" batteries. Plain cheap alkaline won't have the long battery life.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You will probably find the long battery life advertised is if you use "Advanced Lithium" or "Ultimate Lithium" batteries. Plain cheap alkaline won't have the long battery life.

That is very true. Nothing more frustrating than batteries crapping out in 2 months when you're not receiving thousands of pictures in that time frame.

Latest posts

Top Bottom