2010 Osa Silencer Shoot!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would be down and have another that would possibly join for an Okc area meet. I actually just talked to major mal abou a suppressor but would like to see one in action first since I'm not well informed on the topic.

So... YES TO OKC

keep us informed about a time frame we can expect this to happen

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ty,
with you being in Tulsa & the Major (now Lt.Col.) in OKC area. How about doing this at both places? I'd bet you could get more than enough participation out of each. I'd probably go to both actually, but it might help for those with a difficult travel schedule.

well congrats to him on the promotion

I am very interested in coming to this if in OKC to answer more questions and feed another addiction I can't afford lol

I am sure for OKC area Thunderbird range would work somethin out with us...Ken is a good guy

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive spoken with the Col. and USSA. So far it looks very possible and Im shooting for the end of june. I really need to have a number of people to tell USSA that are going to come out. It looks like I have quite a few but a good number of them said they would go to a OKC one. unless someone wants to take the lead and put one together I'm thinking it will only happen here in Tulsa. So, With that in mind.... Would you guys take a trip out here?

Here are my thoughts... (I'm warning you they usually do not make sense)

If it ends up being a small group then we can just pay the 20 a day range fee and do our thing. This scenario will be casual.

If we can get a large number of people. Around 100. We can rent a bay for the day for like 3 bucks a person and it will be just for us OR turn it into an event open to whomever wants to come out and ask USSA to help us out on the range fee.

If we turn it into an event..... Major will set up a table / tent. he will be there to answer any questions and bring out a TON of demo stuff for everyone to have a swing at as long as we pitch in a little to cover ammo. He will have his own lane. and we will have our own lane for people who bring out their own NFA stuff to show off.

So,... What are you thoughts. Witch way do we want to try and push this thing. Either way I'd like to get some volunteers to come out and help with range safety.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ty,
unless something big comes up, I'll be there, with 1 maybe 2 more. What qualifications are you looking for out of people to help with range safety & organization? I've never shot anyone or anything on accident, does that qualify? I'd be more than happy to help if needed and qualified. I like the idea of reserving an entire bay. Like I'd said before, it's kinda hard to get a good feel for a suppressor when someone's shooting a big magnum in the lane next to you.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm on the USSA volunteer range staff and I'm a Safety Officer Instructor for IDPA, so I can help with range safety.

I can bring a Glock 17 with an AAC Evolution 9mm, a Browning Buckmark with an AAC Pilot and by June I should be able to bring out a RR 11.5" Colt M16 with an AAC M4-2000 Mod 8.

My requirements would be that the shooter provide factory ammo of good quality or purchase ammo from me at market price.

Perhaps LTCOL (MAJ) could lay on some Alabama Ammo Special K for the 9mm's?

Latest posts

Top Bottom