2012 Proposed Changes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure about this unlimited doe hunt proposal. I think the OWD has done a tremendous job with deer management and i'd only be on board if it was approved by them. It just seems like this could potentially reduce the population significantly especially with the drought last year. (and possibly this year) It would be nice to harvest a doe a couple time throughout the year but there would be other ways to manage the doe population other than this.

I am all about using suppressors. That is a law I support!

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Judas Pig Tagging...that sounds more like a bar game involving...uh...heavy girls...

But seriously, they need to mention if the released hog will be sterile or not. Also, I'm curious about the tracking collars and their frequencies ;)

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
House Bill 2920 by Rep. S. Martin. Allowing enclosed trigger traps as legal trap methods. Bill would be effective Sept. 1, 2012. Passed by the House Agriculture, Wildlife and Environment Committee. Bill now goes to the full House

Does this mean Conibear and coon cuffs? Seems that it does, after a little further reading. That would be great, a guy can buy several 330 conibears for the price of one cage trap. AND, the skunk is dead upon your arrival, what a deal!:woohoo1:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does this mean Conibear and coon cuffs? Seems that it does, after a little further reading. That would be great, a guy can buy several 330 conibears for the price of one cage trap. AND, the skunk is dead upon your arrival, what a deal!:woohoo1:

I'd be lovin' that. I got sprayed so many times last year, I think its one of the reasons I haven't done it this year. Even if it wasn't being sprayed directly, I still got it all over the clothes from the grass, and resetting the traps, etc.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The trespass proposals are actually what the law was a couple years ago, then they changed everything and now trying to get it back the way it was. The trap proposal is not for body traps its for "dog proof" style coon traps.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The trespass proposals are actually what the law was a couple years ago, then they changed everything and now trying to get it back the way it was. The trap proposal is not for body traps its for "dog proof" style coon traps.

Man, hopes dashed.:(

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The trespass proposals are actually what the law was a couple years ago, then they changed everything and now trying to get it back the way it was.

Jared

Could you please provide evidence to support your claim?? I don't believe you are correct.

I do know that the Oklahoma Cattleman's Association lobbied for a law change a few years ago and the law was changed so that the landowner was not required to post land in order for people to be prosecuted for trespassing. I do not believe it was ever legal to trespass to retrieve a hunting dog.

I emailed my Senator and Representative as well as the chairpersons of the listed comities in opposition to the bills.

Latest posts

Top Bottom