2012 Proposed Changes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesfpop

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with controlling the buck to doe ratio by taking out extra does. It will mean more bucks eventually. Must have oversight by the state biologists to manage the "herd."

DMAP supports this notion but is literally for large land tracts. I don't see how you know the difference in sex in Feb. though. Some people have trouble tagging spikes as does sometimes and there are antlers on top to help identify them as ANTLERED deer. This will be interesting if it passes.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Spoke with Senator Anderson this weekend, he said he has recieved a lot of feedback over the proposal, most feedback was against the bill. He said the proposal stemmed from landowners wanting to control excessive deer herds, and did not want to have to invite other hunters to come and shoot does. He did not say this, but I'm assuming that those landowners are not in favor of DMAP. I know two landowners who are in favor of the DMAP concept, but for whatever reasons do not want to deal with the ODOW.

Last edited:

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sure he farms in eastern Garfield county. I go to church with him, don't know him, but know who he is and I'll see if I can ask him about it this weekend. We are talking about Patrick Anderson right?

I don't see this proposal going very far. I would think the "landowner" term would be to hard to enforce. Are the GW's going to require a deed to check for legals? So if you're not on the deed, you're not legally the landowner.
the wardens have a little book of maps that show the names of every owner in the county (at least Osage does) I think the public can buy the books too. very useful to have.

Latest posts

Top Bottom