2014 Rut info thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'll have a KS tag next year Allout......hoping for the best. As you know, I waited to long to inquire about this year :(

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
5 doe/ 4 fawn, two dinks and right at dark a really good buck poked his head into the shooting lane. All I could see was head and neck, he was wide and heavy........too dark to see much other detail. He was the only deer heading into the wind tonight, so I'm assuming he was looking for tail.

i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_20141102_144711_zpsdpzq2i7i.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got trapped in the blind by 6 does coming into the food plot. Had sit until after dark before climbing down. Looked to my right, saw a white tail and what looked like antlers danged near under the blind. Couldn't see how big. Never saw it come in.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yesterday morning got into the stand a little late, got sat down right at legal shooting light....
Damn time change!
Anyway as soon as I sat down I look out and see a deer coming in. Unfortunily he saw me too.
I could tell it wasn't a doe so I grabbed the ML and checked him out through me scope so Id be ready just in case. He was at 125 broadside and looking right at me. Couldn't make out his rack til he turned and started to trot off. He was nice, could tell it exactly how many tines but he was wide with some nice beams and good tine length. As he trotted off I kept my cross hairs on the base of his neck and bleated. He stopped and looked back at me but never turned his body, just his turned head looking over his shoulder. I wasnt comfortable with that shot with my ML I really wanted him to turn his body just a little plus was t sure how far he had moved so I lowered my gun and watched him trot off.....
Only good buck we saw all ML. If Id of had a rifle I wouldn't have thought twice, he'd been a dead deer.

On another not, same trip back home. Saw 4 dead deer on highway.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree! I am sure that wasn't easy MIH but you are to be commended, hope we get to see you posted behind that big non-typical you passed next year, or this year if you get on one!

Thanks Sticky. Even if he doesn't survive, he'll make someone a fine trophy for public land as he stands. I'll keep putting in the hours and see what happens. Might have to make it happen :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom