2019 Deer Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm taking Tuesday off. Nice and cold. Going to shoot ducks in the morning and sit in the stand in the afternoon-evening. However I'm thinking about going after deer all day instead.

You guys think an all day sit for deer would be more in order?
It depends on whether you want to deer hunt or duck hunt. As my youngest son found out a couple weeks ago, a duck hunting trek cost him a shot at his target buck, so I guess it just comes down to YOUR priorities.:anyone:

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm taking Tuesday off. Nice and cold. Going to shoot ducks in the morning and sit in the stand in the afternoon-evening. However I'm thinking about going after deer all day instead.

You guys think an all day sit for deer would be more in order?

Imo Monday or Tuesday would be the best days this year for an all day sit. But I suck at deer hunting [emoji2957]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Killed a 4 footer last Monday down the road from the house. Guees he was try to get warmed up on the road.

A few years back during black powder season, I was hunting from the ground and had one slither right up to my feet. It was a warm day but not what you want to happen while deer hunting.

Another very good reason to get elevated!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had zero morning activity for a week, so headed out at 11 am for an afternoon/evening sit.
When I came around the corner I saw the farmer that leases from me burning off the crab grass that took over this summer, so that place wasn’t going to be any good and the wind was wrong for the stand a couple miles over.
Headed for another stand that’s good with a south wind so here I sit, haven’t seen anything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom