2019 F250 Death Wobble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeitworkok

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced the death wobble? Any ideas on how it can be fixed or repaired?

I was driving down the turnpike about 75, hit a small bump and felt like the front end was going to shake loose. Slowed down to about 55 and it went away. It’s happened to me twice over the past three months and it’s an unsettling feeling.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Very common super duty issue, fortunately I've never experienced it in any of mine so I've not researched the solution. Track bar bushings are generally the cause of death wobble in any vehicle though.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never had the death wobble in ours but it would take about 18 months before the steering would get really sloppy. You would have to rock the steering wheel side to side to stay in the center of the lane. Bought it used and had the dealer fix it as a condition of sale. Sold it after the second time we had to have it fixed

Want to say it was a 2012-2014-ish model

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guess I was lucky with my '04 F-350, had 260,000 on it and never had those issues. You would think Ford would have that figured out by now especially for what the damn things cost. I ran 285's on mine with a leveling kit and had to change sway bar links and leaf spring bushings in it once but it drove great.

Latest posts

Top Bottom