2019 F250 Death Wobble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i put new bushings i purchased from some off road supplier. the new bushings were made of a very firm material much different from the oem ones. it cured the death wobble in my old ford and never had any more trouble after that. i forget the name of the specific part but it was nothing more than a solid rod attaced at one end on the frame and on the other end on front axle. mine was an f350 4wd

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't watch the clip yet. On my 1996 Land Rover it was what is called the panhard rod bushing mounting point to the frame. The holes were elongated, so I replaced the mounting points (flat washers) to the frame and that cured it. A good way to find this type of problem is have someone turn the steering wheel back and forth while you watch all the parts under the front end for movement.
Preferably with the engine off and using enough force to move the tires.
My helpers were always sweaty by the time it was located and had to drag em back when it came time to confirm the repair.
Also don’t forget to unload the weight off the tires and check for slop in the ball joints.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced the death wobble? Any ideas on how it can be fixed or repaired?

I was driving down the turnpike about 75, hit a small bump and felt like the front end was going to shake loose. Slowed down to about 55 and it went away. It’s happened to me twice over the past three months and it’s an unsettling feeling.
Stock wheels?

Latest posts

Top Bottom